Chapter 3 - A Cold Burrito

The sound of the curtains being pulled apart was the first thing she hears every day now. The brightness of the sun slipped past through window glass easily without the restraints of the crimson curtains. She has to squeeze her eyes shut for a second to get used with the blinding brightness. Sandhya, as usual, stood near her bedside ready to attend her as soon as she steps out from under her warm and cosy blanket. A small crib was placed not far from her. Her son was lying still and boringly staring at his surroundings while sucking his thumb.

She groans as she fell back on her pillow. She's starting to get bored now with the same routine for the past few weeks. A month now, she thinks. A month since she gave birth. Her body still feels so tired and weak. Is that normal? Meh, it's not like she's going to be doing anything for the next few years of her life anyways.

"My lady, please wake up. The sun is already high in the sky. It's not healthy for you to sleep in any longer", Sandhya shakes her shoulder to force her to wake up. This had never happened before she remembers her past life but Sandhya had begun to feel irritated by the third day since for the first two days Sandyha could reason with herself that her mistress was still feeling exhausted but when the third day arrives and the sun had definitely at its peak did only Sandhya had no choice but to be a little bit forceful.

She takes a look at the sun that was irritatingly staring down back at her. In her past life, looking at the sun outside, the time isn't even late. In fact, it's still too early for her. But with Sandhya keeping nudging her shoulders it was starting to get annoying.

After the usual routine of dressing up with all of her maids doing the job (her only job is just sitting in the tub), she sits at a small round table near the balcony. Sandhya began to serve her breakfast as she sits doing nothing. She doesn't even have to move a muscle resulting to all of her energies inside her body being bottled up inside her small bottle that could explode at any second. This type of routine is bad for her especially when she had just given birth only a month ago. Her health will weaken day after day. And she can't afford to be weak right now particularly because she has to avoid 'the destruction' of the world. Whatever that is...

So, she ends up looking beamingly at everyone in the room. She was hoping they will tell her to do something but, of course, they didn't. Her position in the hierarchy is equal to the crazy emperor himself and they, lowly servants and slaves to the higher-ups, can't afford to offend her. But she was still hoping that they will at least tell her something.

Without her knowing, the anticipation she was showing reminds her servants of a puppy that was ready to fetch a stick that was thrown to them. A maid couldn't help feeling guilty anymore cough to catch her mistress' attention so now the excited puppy was excitedly looking at her.

"Umm... My lady, don't you think the weather is fine today? How about you have a walk with the young prince in the garden? He has been inside for a month now. I'm sure the young prince will like some fresh air", the maid who said the suggestion was nudged hard at her ribs by her friend who was glaring at her. But it was too late. The thought had already registered in her head.

"Alright! Let's go have a walk outside then", Ophelia said standing up pumped to move her muscles after so long. Sandhya, however, pours a bucket of cold water over her excitement when she pushed her back down on the chair.

"No, my lady. You need to have your breakfast first. Only then you could have a walk outside while you have them I will prepare the young prince ", Sandhya makes sure Ophelia grip the fork and knife tightly in her hand before leaving to do what she promised her.

The weather was bright and sunny but there was still a gentle wind blowing in the air. Sandhya has to make sure that they both were warm and cosy before heading out. She has multiple occasion where she carries her son and slowly she began to notice some small things about him. At first, he was so small and delicate that she was afraid that she might slip him unnoticed. But after a month, she has noticed that her son has gained a little bit of weight now. That was good. It means that her little bun cake here is growing up real fast and before she knows it he will capture the hearts of all the maidens in the country. One of them being the sole destruction of the world.