Chapter 6 - A day full of stress with him

"What is going on here?"

The emperor coincidentally or not somehow showed up when the situation turns to the worst. His deep voice that was laced with his powerful authority and the menacing glare sends cold sweats down both of Sandhya and Ophelia's spine. The wailing handmaidens quickly shut their annoying mouths and sucked in back their tears. They immediately retreated to the sides completely hiding their presence.

The concubine that was previously shouting in fear and pain looked happy that the emperor was there. Her expression changed so quickly as if her leg wasn't snapped into different directions. "Your Imperial Majesty!". Her eyes reflected the obsessions and adoration she had for him.

Yep, she's totally gone mental...

Sandhya and the handmaids bowed to him while Ophelia pretended that she was busy with Peter. She really doesn't want to see how this will end for the concubine. Can't she just live in this world in ignorance? Is that allowed?

"Your Imperial Majesty, bring justice to this concubine. Look what the Empress has done! She has seen this concubine as a threat and has made me crippled". Looking at the oblivious and stupid concubine reminds Ophelia of 'her' in the game. She was strikingly alike 'her'. Surely, they were once intelligent human being that could think for themselves but just with a glance at the cold-hearted man before her, their IQ has lowered to negative.

Can't she tell her situation has turned to the worst with his appearance here?

The concubine continues to shed crocodile tears and pretended as if she was the wrong one here. When the woman has realized that the emperor said nothing or did nothing to her situation she was prompt to be bold and look straight him in the eyes. Instead of shivering under his bloodlust eyes, she looked back at him with obsession and madness. Cain, Miles and his manservants who saw the crazy look she gave their emperor was in horror and disgusted by the woman. How could such a person be so crazy?!

The emperor glare down at her and, as well, was disgusted. He quickly looks away from her not wanting his eyes to be spoilt by looking for too long at dirty trash. With a flick of his wrist, "Execute concubine Rager for reasons of harming one of the royal family."

There were no emotions in his words and just like that a person's life was gone. The woman she just found out was a princess from the Rager kingdom was dragged by the hair by a guard that came out of nowhere and still by the words of the Emperor the woman still remained with her obsessive eyes and lustful looks towards him. The handmaids that came with her followed their lady closed behind her with their head low. No words could describe how embarrassed they were.

Is there no one who hasn't gone insane after meeting this guy?

Wait! Sandhya is still rational after three times meeting this dude!

Ophelia turns to look at Sandhya who she just realizes stood quite a distance away from her all the while with her head down close to her chest. If she hadn't known, she'll think that the wooden floor of the gazebo is made out of gold for her to be so interested in it.

"Did she touch you?"

She was beginning to wonder why the cold air hadn't dissipated yet, apparently, Mount Everest was still here... Wait! Did he just ask whether she was alright??

...... alright, what's the catch here?......

"Pardon?"

Peter was moving constantly in her arms and Ophelia had to reposition him back in her arms instead of over her shoulders to make him feel more comfortable. All this happen while she was still looking at the Emperor. She was hoping to catch something in his facial expression or perhaps his eyes.

But all she could see is... nothing! This guy barely even move a single muscle on his face. Is he even human? Is this normal? You need to make an appointment with the doctor, Your Imperial Majesty. Surely, there's some medical or mental problem here.

Ophelia held her eye contact with him for a whole one minute before she finally sees something. It starts with him furrowing his eyebrows. Then, he was glaring at her. Until finally, he clicked his tongue.

"Tch. What are you looking at, woman? I was asking whether the trash had touched the first prince."

(;一_一)

...... fucking knew it......

Ophelia tiredly sighs out. Meeting this man twice today is slowly starting to take a toll in both her body and mind.

"No, the woman had her leg broken right before she reaches us."

Ophelia shivers at the memory of the weird broken legs and the person that might have something to do with it is standing right in front of her.

"Hmm."

That was his only reply before he easily took Peter into his own embrace. Wrinkles are beginning to form on Ophelia's forehead from all the stress that he had given her. She inwardly clicked her tongue. Just when she was about to escape from him he took her burrito away. Now she has to think of all the excuses in the world to run far away from him. Of course, with Peter and Sandhya by her side.

Even at a young age, Peter had already begun to held grudges. This can be proven by looking at his adorable furrowed eyebrows when he realizes he was back to a familiar hot and muscle body. Perhaps, it was one of his instincts but, surprisingly, he could easily identify the people that were carrying him.

Because, as soon as he settles in that man's arms he had immediately turned his head away. His pacifier safe in his small clutches. Although he was still displeased by the man, he had just finished drinking his milk a while ago and he was beginning to feel drowsy. With the warm body heat and the comfy of his blanket, Peter yawned adorably with his arms stretched out towards her signalling that he wants to go to bed.

Ophelia thanks the heavens and her sweet pumpkin pie for preparing this escape route for them. Seeing the golden opportunity, of course, she wouldn't miss it.

"Oh! Look at the time. Apologies, Your Imperial Majesty, it seems Peter has to go to bed now." With ease, she took back her burrito who was struggling to keep his eyes wide open. Sandhya was pulled harshly by the arm with a force the poor maid had no idea she was capable of. "Goodbye now, Your Imperial Majesty."

She smiled sweetly to them with a smile that made them all puzzled. Why was their Empress happy to be apart from their Emperor? Aren't the common reaction to women in her position is to strengthen her position in his heart? And yet, why does she look like she finally escaped hell?

Even though that was the thoughts that trailed their minds. The people except that man understood her dilemma. If they could find a way to be away from this brute even for a second they will immediately cling to it as if their lives depend on it. Anything related to him is a life or death matter.

While the men behind him were busy pitying themselves, he was still looking at the direction where they had gone off to. Even after she had disappeared from view, he was still looking with an unreadable look on his face.

Heyo! It's me again.

I'm not a person that sends messages before or after a chapter unless it's really really important so don't worry gang I won't give you guys much trouble.

Firstly, thank you for all the lovely comments and wonderful support that you gave me. Totally worth all the hard work that I had done to put in this chapter and future chapters. I'll keep up my writing and you guys keep up the supportive comments.

Secondly, I'll make some editing to the other chapters and add in a title for them cause I feel like calling them just chapters made them appear naked so if you see any notifications about them or anything ignore it cause it won't be much of big editing.

Thirdly, I don't have a schedule for my releases but don't worry cause I totally get the frustration of waiting for a new chapter so I'm not gonna let you guys suffer from it. Author got your back.

O(≧∇≦)O °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°