Chapter 2 - Meeting the Tyrant Emperor

From the memories of another soul, she remembered the story she was seeing when she was in the dark was actually a dating game. It was the typical romance story between a peasant girl and a man from an upper class. It was your everyday cliché romance story.

The main love interest of the game was her son, the crown prince, that held or show no emotions at all. He had inherited his grey hair from his father and his crimson eyes from his mother. His good looks came from both sides of his parents. They could be one happy beautiful good looking family but sadly the father was a war maniac and his mother is a crazily obsessive woman.

His parents don't care at all about him. His father cared more about his war and his mother cared more about catching his father's heart. You could say both sides of the family are lunatic. The father is a crazy emperor that was rumoured to kill thousands of babies and women just because he was feeling bored.

Okay. Just wait for a second there. Why was the story giving the mother the whole bad guy spotlight for? The father killed women and children for fun, for fuck sake! How was that not an interesting villain character?

And this very same father was the one who is currently holding my son.

As expected of good genes, if the son is good looking the father is two times more. With grey hair and dark eyes, he stares down to the small bundle in his arms. But something was not right, why was it so cold in this room? Her bedroom was so warm but this room had turned to ice cold and she just stepped right inside of it from her room.

The emperor was glaring at the baby in his arms and suddenly a thought came to her. Is he about to kill his own heir? He couldn't right? But the growing murderous intent in the air thought otherwise. She was not going to test whether the rumours were true or not and she is most definitely not going to test it on her own son.

Even though her memories were missing a few parts and she had no recollection of carrying her son for nine months but that wasn't a reason to ignore an innocent baby who was about to be killed by his own father. She quickly tries to reach the two of them but she had just given birth less than two hours ago and she could barely walk and had to lean against the wall. Sandhya will have to help her but she immediately stopped right out the door. She was shivering from top to bottom when she saw him.

The rest of the journey she went through had to be supported by the walls. She was sweating from the exhaustion and not only that she only wearing her nightgown with a small blanket around her shoulders. Her hair was tied in a rush by Sandhya in a bun. She doesn't need to see her reflection to know that she looks terrible.

"Your Imperial Majesty, if you don't mind I will like to hold my son now."

There was a slight shock in his face when he looks at her but the shock quickly turns into disgust and hatred. Instead of giving the baby to her directly, he places the child inside the crib instead.

"The doctor had told me he hadn't even cried ever since he was born... why is that?" it was surprising how he still look at her in hate but could still ask her about his own child.

I mean surely there are other people here. Wait, where did everyone run off to? Did they run off as soon she stepped inside so that only two bodies will be found and not more?

Well, whatever. She hadn't managed to look at her child yet. Shouldn't the mother be the first one to look at her own child that she had just given birth to like every normal situation? But again she was in the presence of the devil himself so anything normal is abnormal in this particular household.

Her legs could barely even function so she had no other choice but to kneel down beside the crib to look at him. When she looks inside the crib, her heart momentarily stopped.