Goblin-Village

"What do you mean we're in a different timeline?!" Veldora shouted in exasperation.

His reaction was normal, after all to him he was just probably reading manga but instead got summoned here, back in time. 

"I'm sorry! I know it's selfish of me, but I'll probably go insane, you know?" Apart from Ciel, it was like I was all alone again, and I wanted to avoid that if I could.

Veldora stared at me and laughed, "Kuahahaha! It's fine, it's fine! I'm sure you need my strength in some way, right? Kuahahaha!"

It seems like he isn't that upset about what I just did to him. I expected him to be angrier and throw a tantrum.

I smiled and said, "Thanks," to Veldora.

"So, what will you do now, Rimuru?" (Veldora)

Great question, the first thing that happened when I got outside was meeting Rigur and the others. We should probably hurry, the faster we get there the better. 

"Veldora, let's hurry and get out of here, Rigurd and the other's might get attacked now that your presence is gone. We might still be able to prevent any casualties." (Rimuru)

Yes, that's right. The Great Forest of Jura went into deep turmoil due to the disappearance of Veldora. Many of Rigurd's people had died because of that reason.

Without hesitation, I warped outside the cave along with Veldora. We hurried in the direction of the Goblin Village, I hoped they weren't being attacked. It's only been a few minutes since I released Veldora from the seal.

...But that hope was unanswered. By the time we arrived, I could already hear screams and howls.

***

"This is bad, really bad." (Elder Goblin)

All of a sudden, the great Storm Dragon Veldora's presence disappeared. And the ever-so-patient dire wolves immediately attacked us as soon as Lord Veldora's aura disappeared.

"Elder! Your son, Rigur, sent us a goblin with information about the wolves!" (Goblin 1)

"What?! Where is Rigur now?!" (Elder Goblin)

The goblin looked down, unable to face the Elder Goblin in the eye. "I'm very sorry to say this, but... it seems he passed away making sure the information got here safely."

The Elder Goblin had a look of shock and disbelief. He tenses up his expression and says, "...we will honor my son's death, make good use of the information he provided us!"

The Elder Goblin had a frail and weak body. He asked for the goblin holding the information while struggling with his footsteps.

But, the wolves had found their village and were fast approaching.

"Defend our home! Do not let them get the children and women!" (Goblin 1)

The male Goblins were putting up a decent fight, but they are quickly overwhelmed whenever there was more than 1 wolf facing a group of goblins. At this point in time, the goblin's numbers were still numerous, with about 200 goblins in total. More than half of them could fight and were slowing down the wolf's advances.

But, sooner or later they would ultimately lose. They knew this was the reality that awaited them.

"You! Retreat! You're severely wounded, get back!" (Goblin 1)

A wolf was about to mutilate a goblin who kept fighting even as she had a missing limb. "I'm not retreating! I promised to protect my sister!" (Goblin 2)

"Idiot!" (Golbin 1)

As the wolf was about to slash the female goblin, two extremely powerful magical signs came crashing down like thunder. 

"Kuahahaha, I, the Storm Dragon Veldora have arrived! Cease this fighting now!" (Veldora)

To us, goblins, their figures looked almost divine. It felt like we were looking at two godly beings. The one with the appearance of a human male had the same aura as the Storm Dragon, Lord Veldora himself. And the one with the unparalleled beauty seemed to be on par with Lord Veldora.

On impulse, Goblin 1 had pleaded for mercy. "Please wait! We did not mean to cause you trouble, Lord Veldora! Spare our people and have mercy!" 

The one with unparalleled beauty spoke up. "Relax, we're not here to do any harm to you all. In fact, we came to do the opposite."

As if destiny had played its strings, the Elder suddenly came out of his tent. 

"Please, oh great ones, save us from these wolves! We... we will offer you our loyalty!" (Elder Goblin) 

"Elder?!" (Goblin 1)

"Are you sure about this, Elder?" (Goblin 2)

Goblin 1 had a surprised expression, while Goblin 2 had a look of worry.

"I don't even know where my youngest son is currently, and my eldest son who had a name passed away. I beg you, save us!" (Elder Goblin)

Veldora turned to look at Rimuru, "So, what'll we do, Rimuru?"

Rimuru responded with a smile, "It's obvious. I will accept your offer, from now on you will be under my protection. All of you can take a rest, I will deal with the wolves on my own."

When they appeared, the wolves had backed off sensing Veldora's power. There was also the pack leader at the forefront of those backed wolves, wary of Veldora.

As Veldora is hiding his aura, no one except this one goblin was truly convinced Veldora really was the Storm Dragon. If they did, they'd all be cowering in fear, with the wolves not being an exception. 

"Veldora, I'm sensing a few goblins farther into the forest, it's probably the rest of the goblins. Go and get them here safely, please." (Rimuru)

"Kuahahaha! Then I will set off to rescue some lost souls, kuahahaha!" (Veldora)

***

And so, Veldora left to get Rigur and the other goblins. I wasn't able to get here in time to prevent the older Rigur's death, I'm sorry Rigurd!

"Listen well and listen to me closely dire wolves! I will not let you get any further than this. Once you move further where you are, either submit to me and offer your loyalty, or die!" (Rimuru)

My provocation seemed to work, as Ranga's father immediately barked back at me. 

"Hmph! Don't be so cocky, human. Now that that being is gone, you're defenseless and an easy target!"(Wolf Leader)

Like before, he charged right at me alone with speed. I did warn him, but I guess he's just an idiot.

"I told you didn't I?" I swiped my hand on empty air, and although it seemed like I did nothing, I sent an attack that had visual camouflage. 

Well, this is more like a random flick of magicules than an attack. At least to me as I am now. I sure have gotten a lot stronger, haven't I?

In less than a second, before he could reach me, his head was cut as his body rag-dolled on the ground.

Truth be told, I wanted him to back off, but I couldn't show even a tiny bit of my aura since it'll cause problems to the goblins.

And plus, there's no way I wouldn't want to meet Ranga again. "So, do you want to back off or submit defeat, which is it?"

As I expected, Ranga came forward and bowed to me along with his packmates. Veldora should be done soon, and I should probably heal everyone that's wounded.

"Alright, let's get you guys all patched up first, shall we?" (Rimuru)