The Underworld

Right after Guy left, I wanted to hold a meeting as soon as possible. Guy mobilizing could have very well meant the worse of the worse was about to happen, or it was just on a whim which is what I want it to be.

But I knew for a fact that wasn't the case.

"Shuna, call the others. It seems like things are about to get rough." (Rimuru)

Shuna responded to my order without hesitation, "As you wish."

My main concern this time was how to deal with Guy if he ever came back again. Tempest was blooming, but it's not quite there yet in terms of accommodations. Without Vesta, many of our staff aren't as good as they were before.

I taught them myself for the time being, but even I can only do so much alone. Heck, I'm not even sure how Shuna ended up teaching me about etiquette when I first thought I was the one teaching her.

A few minutes later, my executives started to come one by one. Small talk was made as the rest were still making their way here.

In the blink of an eye, all of them were now here. I started the meeting by addressing the main problem this time.

"So, I assume everyone here knows who just visited us recently?" (Rimuru)

They all nod, "Good, then let me get straight to the point. I don't think we can handle another sudden visit by them, to be honest with you."

Benimaru, Shion, and Souei wholeheartedly agreed with me. 

"I was there personally too to protect Lord Rimuru. And we encountered monsters beyond our understanding. Luckily for us, Lord Rimuru had managed to reduce it to just a talk than an all-out brawl." (Benimaru)

"I agree. We were blessed that Lord Rimuru and Lady Milim were there, otherwise, the situation would've ended differently." (Souei)

Benimaru and Souei spoke their honest thoughts in a reminiscing way. 

"Well, it wasn't like Lord Rimuru and Lady Milim would lose to those people!" (Shion)

Shion on the other hand was being the usual Shion, as optimistic as ever. I doubt if it developed into a fight it would've been as easy as she makes it seem like.

Unexpectedly, Shizue also shared her thoughts.

"I actually saw Rimuru fight Lady Velzard one time, and it seemed like Rimuru had managed to make Lady Velzard back down." (Shizue)

Kaijin who had been drinking his tea immediately spat it out the moment Shizue finished her sentence. "What did you say?! That's the first I've heard of that."

Rigurd replied to Kaijin, "Eh? Didn't you hear about the rumors, Sir Kaijin? Lady Velzard had shown up before, but we were ultimately hidden away by Lord Rimuru so he could deal with Lady Velzard. We speculated Lord Rimuru managed to drive away Lady Velzard, so this isn't much news to us."

The way Rigurd enthusiastically explained to Kaijin implied that what Shizue said did have some sort of effect on him.

Kaijin was surprised, "Defeating the eldest True Dragon currently alive is quite a feat, boss! Why didn't you tell us about this sooner?" 

Eh... how would I even bring that up in a conversation. 

"W-well, let's not get too worked up about it. Velzard just went easy on me so I caught her off-guard and managed to impress her so she let me go! Y-yeah, that's how it went." (Rimuru)

I could tell someone wasn't buying it.

"But still, you're not denying fighting her. The fact that you survived that and managed to even win against her says a lot!" (Kaijin)

Shizue's one remark stirred up everyone and now they're singing my praise. This is bad, we're getting off track.

I calmed them all down and gathered their attention once more. "Back on topic, we currently don't have many who can handle guests like Guy or Velzard, so I would like to recruit some."

"How will you do that, Lord Rimuru?" (Shuna)

Good question.

Let's see, I don't have any offerings so summoning him using that method would be difficult. I could just go and make a body like the ones I gave to Testarossa, Carrera, and Ultima. Procuring such materials shouldn't be a problem...

«There is also the option of using Master's clone as a medium.»

No, no way! Have you gone insane? What would that fanatic turn out to be if he finds out I used a clone of myself to give him a body. I don't want his condition to worsen.

"Lord Rimuru?" (Shuna)

"—ah, I'm thinking about it right now. You guys can discuss while I try to figure out what to do." (Rimuru)

Accelerating my thought process would just make them unable to formulate solutions themselves. So I tried to figure out something in real-time. This would hopefully help them think for themselves in the case that I'm not here.

Since I'm summoning Diablo, wouldn't it be better if I summoned the other three as well? It would save me the hassle of summoning them separately next time. The growth capsules I used before should work.

So, it's decided that we'd be using the same method I used when Diablo came with the demoness trio and their men. The problem is, Guy would totally notice that and would come immediately.

Since I didn't have Ramiris's Labyrinth, it would be difficult to go undetected. If Guy or Velzard notice something out of the ordinary happening here in Tempest, they'd definitely come.

There's no place other than Ramiri's Labyrinth that comes to mind. Also, Ramiris could still very well inform Guy of my actions if she wanted to. I wanted to go undetected to avoid another immediate visit, but I guess Ramiris' place is the best option I've got. 

«I have a slightly lower risk proposition than using the Labyrinth Master. We could go to the underworld and make contact with Diablo. He is the one guarding the gate, so there is no doubt we would come across him immediately.»

Hearing Ciel's words sparked a little adventure in me. But wait, wasn't it difficult to go into the underworld? How would we even get inside?

«I had previously asked Diablo to tell me the way to get in. He happily obliged and revealed every little detail.»

Seriously? When did you even do this? But does that mean we can go into the underworld now?

«Yes. I will use [Space Transfer] to bypass the conditions set by the world and barge in. Usually, you would need to enter through the gate somewhere around the world. But we can just transfer there using coordinates since Time and Space don't affect you now.»

Is that because I became a Digital Lifeform? But anyway, that's great news.

"Everyone, I found a way where we can recruit people who can deal with people such as Guy." (Rimuru)

"As expected of Lord Rimuru!" (Rigurd)

"And here we were losing our brains over it. It seems like Lord Rimuru saves our heads again. Hohohoho." (Hakurou)

What they were saying was somewhat true, I did overhear them heatedly discussing about possible individuals.

"Well, it's not the solution I wanted, but I will be going to the underworld to recruit people myself." (Rimuru)

"""The Underworld?!"""