Jura Tempest Federation II

"Wahahaha, Rimuru, you're pretty good, aren't ya?" (Milim)

I was currently in the middle of sparring with Milim. If you ask why I'm sparring with her, it's because she kept on insisting.

"You don't seem out of breath, and you can keep up with me even when I'm not holding back! Why don't you become a demon lord?" (Milim)

There it is, I knew she'd say something like that.

"Thanks for the offer, but I don't really need to become a Demon Lord right now. Maybe in the near future." (Rimuru)

Exchanging blows with Milim while also conversing is as difficult as it seems. When I fought her before, during Walpurgis, I barely had any time to think of other things. Now, I can keep up with her while also maintaining a steady conversation.

Well, I think it's just because Milim isn't actually serious. I probably would have more trouble dealing with her if she was actually trying to fight me for real.

"Aww, that's a waste of your powers! If you're strong, you have to become a Demon Lord! We boss around Majin, scare humans into submission, and... uhm... that's it!" (Milim)

As the two were conversing with each other, the surrounding crowd had much to say about their master who was keeping up with Milim.

"...I do believe he can really do anything. It's just... this is too much, don't you think so?" said Benimaru with a bright smile.

"Ahahaha, it is as you say, brother," replied Shuna with a smile herself.

Shion on the other hand was excited. "I can't see their movements, but I'm rooting for you, Lord Rimuru!" 

These people were currently gathered at Rimuru's private house. Gazel and his crew were also with them, drinking with Kaijin and Rigurd while also watching the match between Rimuru and Milim.

"I really can't believe what I'm seeing. Gazel, you were wise to want to form diplomatic ties with this country." (Jane)

Jane had been around for a long time, and her magical knowledge and prowess lived up to her position. So her words held a deep meaning towards her companions from Dwargon.

"I'm the same as you, Jane. I can't even begin to comprehend what kind of battle is going on. I can even hear them talking to each other while we're here just drinking away." (Gazel)

The reason why most of them weren't overtly reacting was that they were either too drunk, or they were too surprised that the emotions can't get out.

They were so uncaring that they didn't even bother to think about getting caught up in the attacks of Milim or Rimuru. Of course, Rimuru put up a barrier so they wouldn't get caught up either way.

Now, they only had to await Gabiru's news, then the diplomatic talks would continue there. But, that didn't stop them from talking with each other and deepening their understanding of one another.

"Wahahaha, that was a fun exercise. Rimuru, you really should become a Demon Lord." (Milim)

After fighting Rimuru to her heart's content, Milim was in an extremely good mood. 

"I told you, there's no reason for me to become one. And besides, I can't just become Demon Lord just like that, you know? I need a good reason if I were to become one." (Rimuru)

"Oh come one, you're so strong but you're not one of us. I know, I can ask someone else to nominate you with me. Then, you'll have two Demon Lords nominating you! Aren't I a genius!" (Milim)

Gazel couldn't help but speak up hearing that.

"Pardon me, but did you just say you want Rimuru to become a Demon Lord?" (Gazel)