Trouble

"What's wrong, Rimuru?" (Gazel)

Gazel naturally would be alerted if I suddenly drew my sword. I was now making a serious face, so almost all of my subordinates picked up on what was going on.

"King Gazel, Lord Rimuru seems to have detected trouble, it's best if we evacuate now." (Hakurou)

To add more to that— "It's as Hakurou says, something's approaching us, and it's extremely fast. I'll go and intercept it, you guys evacuate the citizens first."

Without saying anything more, I started flying towards the approaching catastrophe.

It seems to be aiming toward me since it changed its trajectory from the town to where I was currently at. I have a hunch on who this person is...

My hunch was proven right when I heard this person's voice as it stopped 30 meters from me.

"Wahahahaha! I am the one and only Destroyer, Milim Nava!" (Milim)

"Milim! Why are you here?" (Rimuru)

Out of habit, I accidentally used a tone I always used at the time Milim was living with us. Naturally, she was confused, but it seemed more than just simple confusion.

"Huh... you look oddly familiar. Have we met somewhere before?" (Milim)

Milim was scratching her head trying to figure out who I was, and it was then that Ciel suddenly noticed something.

«This is...!!!»

What's wrong?

«Milim is showing strong signs of remembering the previous timeline.»

Ciel was uncharacteristically speaking faster than normal.

Can you elaborate? I don't understand.

Ciel's announcement had completely caught me off-guard. Signs of remembering the previous timeline? Are you implying she has a chance to remember everything that happened? 

«Apologies, the discovery was shocking even for me. Let me rephrase that, Milim has most likely also been targeted by the same powers that you have been attacked with. I can sense a faint trace of the Unknown's power.»

The Unknown, huh...

But wait, how did she escape? 

«I will further analyze Milim right now.»

Alright. While you do that, I guess I'll start talking to Milim here to distract her.

"I have met you before, but I'm not sure if you remember me." (Rimuru)

"Ehh, that's strange, your face does seem similar. But anyway! I am here to meet the strongest one here, and that's you!" (Milim)

"I'm surprised you found out. How did you know?" (Rimuru)

Maybe reliving some past interactions would jog her memory.

"Fufufu, you wanna know? It's because of my [Milim Eye], no one can get past it!" (Milim)

I pretend to be surprised, but my acting skills could only go so far. "E-ehh, that's a really handy skill you've got!"

"Wahahaha! As it should be. Also, you're not bad yourself, True Dragon. I thought there were only 4, but there was also you?" (Milim)

That's a huge misunderstanding!

"No no no, I'm not a True Dragon. While I may seem similar, in the end, I'm just a sub-species." (Rimuru)