Orcs and Ogres

'Eh?! You're going to retire?!" (Elen) 

"Yes, I plan on staying here, in this village. I'll come with you guys to Blumund to officially retire." (Shizue)

Elen was surprised to find out Shizue decided to retire. Of course, it was totally unexpected for her, and for Kaval and Gido too. 

"That's a shame, but, we'll support you." (Kaval)

"Yeah." (Gido)

After eating breakfast, they started to depart towards Blumund. I could tell the three were a little sad, but I didn't point it out.

I wouldn't be able to see them saying goodbye to each other, but that's fine on its own. Also, I'm very much aware that they're probably going to visit her often.

"You guys take care. Don't break the equipment I just gave you, alright?" (Rimuru)

"Of course! I could never have the guts to break equipment like this!" (Kaval)

"I promise we'll take good care of Shizue, so don't worry!" (Elen)

"I'll watch over these two so they don't do anything stupid." (Gido)

"Hahaha, I'm counting on you guys." (Rimuru)

It was great that Shizue decided to stay in this world. She really did want to save the kids herself, and I wasn't about to block her from that option. Though, I wonder what would happen now...

I changed the outcome of events that previously happened. Would this deviate me from the future I want or not?

«Not at all.»

How can you say that so confidently... I was a little baffled at Ciel's immediate response. I think it would have at least a little bit of change, right?

«Yes. The change would happen, but not on the scale of changing destiny. You would still meet who you've met before, befriend them, and live a life similar to the one you had. Your control over time and space is absolute, due to the skill [Space-Time Domination].»

I see, that's the greatest thing I could have ever heard. 

Relief swelled up and hit me instantly. I did have constant thoughts about the different things that happened. To know that I could still meet the people I've met, gave me more motivation to strive for that future.

But of course, the present matters as much as the future.

"Boss, we're done analyzing your sword, ah... no, we should call that a god's weapon. I'd say, it was the most focused and probably the most brainstorming session I and my pals had!" (Kaijin)

Kaijin and the others were analyzing my sword. They took one glance at it and begged me to let them inspect it. When I walked in on the tent they were analyzing this on, it felt more like a worshipping session than an analysis one.

Kajin's eye's haven't lost their sparkles yet. "Tell me, boss, if it's fine with you. Where in the world did you get that weapon?"

"I had it forged for me," I told him as I put my index finger on my lips. "But the creator's identity is a secret, for now, okay?"

When I said "for now", Kaijin immediately said his thanks and bid me farewell. He probably did;t notice, but he hasn't said a thing about their analysis of the sword to me as he left. He was probably going to spread the word that I would eventually tell them who made that sword.

That was all for me today, or at least, that's what I thought.

"Uhm... pardon the intrusion, Lord Rimuru." (Raina)