Loyalty and a duel

Veldora suddenly called me during my lesson with the now many goblins. Raina learned pretty quickly, but her control was still a ways to go. Her repeated explosions caused the other goblins to come over. Things happened, and... they're all listening to me explaining magic.

But more on that later! Veldora was still trying to contact me.

Rimuru! Hey! Stop ignoring me! (Veldora)

What do you want! I'm busy you know! (Rimuru)

Jeez, this guy, he's probably getting distracted by something. Or worse, encountered Velzard and wants me to come over where he is. 

If you're asking if I'm worried about the assignment I gave him, there's no need to worry. I have full trust in Veldora that he'll do a splendid job—

I need you to decide what to do with the Orc Lord! (Veldora)

Oh, that's very important, why didn't you mention it sooner?

Say that sooner! I thought you just got distracted by a mushroom and wanted to ask me if we could eat it. (Rimuru) 

You kept ignoring me! (Veldora)

Good point.

I immediately ended the lessons I was currently giving. It was a shame but none of them questioned it. 

In a blink of an eye, I used [Warp] to teleport to where Veldora was. The moment I arrived, the Orc Lord was already about to slice off Veldora's head. 

This guy... is he seriously playing around. 

I was slightly getting pissed but I decided to make quick work of the Orc Lord. Veldora would've been fine if it hit, but the Ogre he was talking to wouldn't be.

I used [Soul Consumpion] on the Orc Lord, devouring its body down to its very soul. 

There was a slight moment of peace, peace for the Orc Lord who was the first-ever victim of the "peaceful world" of {Soul Consumption]. This ultimate power could rid any pain of "Living". Thus, in a way, it was an irresistible peace to those who had been burdened with "life".

Geld, the Orc Lord, in his final moments saw a figure.

"W-who are you...?" (Geld)

The figure simply kept its position, not moving an inch. "Geld. You who were burdened with starvation, I offer you salvation." 

The figure had silky platinum blue-colored hair, an almost mechanical pair of red eyes, and an uncanny aura that allowed no resistance.

But strangely enough, Geld held no fear. "May I inquire about that offer?"

He felt strangely calm, almost as if his pain and suffering never existed. 

The individual replied, their eyes turning golden. "I will take the burden of your sins, take your people under me. I assure you that they will not lead lives of suffering."

Geld was beginning to fade away. "Are... are you truly sure?" 

"Yes. On the name "Rimuru Tempest", I swear to take up your sins and give your people something they can call 'home'." (Rimuru)

Geld's corrosion sped up. He was barely able to mutter; "Thank you."

This all happened in an instant.

Now, Rimuru was about to question Veldora on why Benimaru was so close to danger. 

"Veldora, listen here you old man—" (Rimuru)