Shizue's wish

"Are you okay?" (Haruna)

Haruna handed a cup of water each to the now awake Kaval and Gido.

"T-thanks." (Kaval)

"Thank you." (Gido)

It seems like they're fine.

"So, Ms.Rimuru, are you the master of these Goblins?" (Shizue)

Miss... I can't have them thinking I'm female since I'll probably be seeing them more in the future. So let's correct that misunderstanding, shall we?

"Before I answer," I paused and gave them all glances. "I'm not a girl." 

Kaval and Gido who were sipping their water immediately spit out their water and started choking.

Elen and Shizue were stupefied.

"Ehhh??? You're not a girl, Mr. Rimuru?" (Elen)

"That's right." (Rimuru)

Anyone with their right mind would think Rimuru was a woman. From his sheer looks alone his beauty is in a different league on its own. Added with the aura of a race similar to the True Dragons, you'd have the spitting image of a deity.

"Then, if it's not too presumptuous, is there a reason why we look so similar?" (Shizue)

Ah, I figured you'd ask that...

"I once had a fated encounter. That encounter led me to meet the person whose appearance I'm now using. I originally only had my form as a slime back then." (Rimuru)

"....." (Shizue)

I smiled, "You seem to be listening intently. That person and I got along well, though, only for a brief moment. Her power was declining and soon enough, her power went berserk. I dealt with it right after but... the damage was already done." 

"...can it be?" (Shizue)

"Yes. Her power was of a spirit's, a spirit named 'Ifrit' to be exact. The moment I devoured Ifrit, she had resumed her regular lifespan as a human. It was later that she aged rapidly, giving me her will and her wish as she held her last breaths." (Rimuru) 

Shizue took off her mask, tears in her eyes. As expected, with the story so similar to her current situation, she realized immediately that I was describing her. Her face was full of surprise, pain, and fear.

"I buried her to a place she could finally rest her soul upon. And so, I took on her appearance and her will." (Rimuru)

Shizue gripped her mask tightly. Her face was looking down, so I couldn't exactly see her expression at that moment. Of course, I dared not to use [Universal Perception].

"That's..." (Elen)

That's?

"T-That's so sad!" In an instant, Elen busted out crying, she immediately hugged me to comfort me. Well, I certainly did appreciate her gesture in more ways than one.

The mood had a heartwarming feel to it thanks to Elen. Kaval and Gido were silently watching as Elen kept on sobbing for Rimuru.

***

After that, as if they haven't eaten in days, Kaval and his party were gulping down meat after meat.

"This is delicious." (Kaval)

"Mhmhm." (Elen) 

"Grgngh." (Gido)

While they were eating, Shizue already finished hers and seemed to want to talk to me. The time has come.