Shizue Izawa

The time has finally come, I'm finally meeting Shizue again. They were on guard for some reason. Well, since they almost got caught up in that fight against Velzard, I wouldn't blame them for acting like this.

"Please, there's no need to be so alarmed. I'm just a harmless slime!" (Rimuru)

Straight away, I pulled out the joke that Shizue knew. Only this time, instead of her almost laughing, she only loosened her grip on her sword.

Well, that's better than nothing!

"...can I get your name?" (Shizue)

"Huh? This slime has a name— gurgh!!" (Kaval)

"Shut up." (Gido)

Kaval was about to point at me but was stopped with a smack to the delicate part by Gido. Damn, that hurt.

"My name is Rimuru Tempest, it's a pleasure to meet you." (Rimuru)

"Mine is Shizue Izawa, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Slime." (Shizue)

"Please, let's not stay here where it's dangerous. Follow me into my village." (Rimuru)

For some odd reason, Kaval, Elen, and Gido suddenly seemed so restless. It's like when they're being stalked by some powerful monster. 

"Why are you guys being so on guard? I'm not gonna do anything." I asked.

"W-well, it's not about you, but it's more about what we just witnessed at the place we're going to..." (Elen)

Ah, so they did manage to get close enough to see. Thankfully Ciel noticed them and put a barrier around them.

"If it's about that, you don't have to worry." (Rimuru)

This part is tricky, it looks like they're afraid because they saw the fight between me and Velzard. Any average bystander would be hard-pressed to go about their day without worrying about what they just experienced during that fight.

If they weren't shielded, the best that could happen to them was being frozen over. At worse they could've died. 

Plus, the space we fought on was isolated by Velzard so the damage wasn't too extensive. At least I didn't have to plant trees, not that I wouldn't have.

"I'll tell you all you need to know once we get there." (Rimuru)

They followed me silently, with Kaval and his party keeping a close watch on their backs. 

On the other hand, Shizue was completely silent, sometimes taking glances in my direction. 

"Alright! We're here, come inside." I headed inside the main tent we currently had set up, the other tents were either destroyed or flew off.

"I-Isn't this where that person came from...?" (Elen)

All of them stopped dead in their tracks right before going inside. I think I get why they're so scared.

I transformed back into my human form, and to my expectations, they froze on the spot.