SOLACE. 03

⋄

[HALF A YEAR LATER]

"(Y/n) come here~"

Gojo called the young girl over to him, who was currently busy playing with legos in Suguru's lap.

because of Gojo's determination to get her in a healthier state, she improved quicker than an average kid would in a situation like hers.

her hearing improved in 1 month, mainly because her hearing was affected by the cursed energy she exerted at the house. much sleep and rest allowed her to recover quicker too.

her body was no longer malnourished. sure she was still skinny and small, but she still had some time to grow bigger and taller like her uncle.

for 6 months, she improved greatly, however the black silhouettes didn't falter.

(Y/n) looked in the direction of the voice. of all the people she got close with, it was in the following order:

Gojo, Suguru, Nanami, Yaga, Shoko

she got up from Suguru's lap, steadying herself while Suguru held his arms out in case of a fall.

walking over to Gojo's open arms, the girl gave a tiny hug as did her uncle once he trapped her in his embrace.

"(Y/n) you're so precious~"

Gojo cooed as he swung her onto his lap. he immediately tried tickling her foot for the 5th time that day, earning a tiny slap on his hand.

"come on (Y/n), tickles are fun~ they make you laugh!"

that only earned Gojo a frown.

she wasn't amused.

"gomen-ne (Y/nnnn), don't be mad at oji-san."

the sorcerer reassured his neice with a head pat. her hands slowly reached and held onto his larger one that rested on her head.

she was no longer scared of him in particular. she was comfortable.

she was comfortable enough to slap him when she felt attacked, comfortable enough to gesture for small things, and comfortable enough to be in his embrace for long periods of time.

she was no longer afraid. she was no longer scared on this black silhouette who claimed to be her uncle. she no longer feared him.

as soon as Gojo removed his hand from (Y/n)'s head, her eyes widened as she looked at the sight before her.

what was pure black started to fade into a material looking black. the fade continued from there and migrated upwards to Gojo's face.

the little girl stared in awe as she saw his fair pale skin, bright blue eyes, and white silky hair in all its glory.

she could see him.

"(Y/n)? what's the matter?"

she said nothing as she continued to stare at him directly in the eyes.

it creeped out Gojo. she didn't really look anyone in the eyes because of how she was, but even if she did, it was rare and only occurred for a few seconds.

reaching for Gojo's head, (Y/n) grabbed a handful of his hair. this made Gojo yelp in slight pain and Suguru holding in a laugh.

Gojo was about to lecture the girl, but noticed how she grabbed her own hair as she looked at Gojo once more.

"what's the matter (Y/n)?"

still holding onto his hair, the younger Gojo brought her own hair closer to her uncle's face, then tugging on his.

"our hair?"

*nod*

"it's the same color?"

*nod*

"of course it is! why wouldn't it be? we-"

Gojo paused midway in his sentence. it finally occurred to him, his neice could see him. he wasn't a particle nobody that was labeled her uncle.

she could see him. he was genuinely someone to her.

(Y/n) proceeded to place her hands on each side of his face, particularly close to his eyes. she stroked his cheek bones, admiring the pair of blue eyes that were just like hers.

"you can see me?"

she nodded. she looked at one of Gojo's free hands, grabbed it and brought it up to her head, giving herself a head pat.

the older relative looked over to Suguru who also looked at him with wide eyes.

she was making progress.

__________________________________________

"people like you are rare."

-anon