DESIRE. 04

♥︎

♥︎. lowkey ready to drop this book and focus on my MakixReader, sorry Megumi 🤭

i'm so stupid. why? why? why am i running away?

Gojo pushed through the remaining transfigured humans and citizens who begged for their lives. he found himself listening to his niece's words which echoed throughout his head.

why didn't he just take on the enemies right there and then? why was he being a coward and running back to his subordinates?

he had the power to exorcise at least Mahito and Jogo, but he didn't do it.

he left his niece behind, trapped in the prison realm. it should've been him. not her. he knew that.

every thought and question burned through his head.

"i'm a failure as her blood relative, i'm a failure as the strongest sorcerer out there," he muttered to no one but himself. even though his current thoughts were filled with failure and despair, he was most certain that he'd beat the crap out of the curse who took over Geto's body and return his niece once the situation was to his advantage.

"NANAMIIIIIN!!! NANAMIN ARE YOU THEEERE?!"

Yuuji's shout alerted Nanami and several other sorcerers within the proximity.

"(Y/N) WAS SEALED!!"

"SEALED?!" Megumi's heart dropped.

"GOJO-SENSEI IS OKAY. HE'S ON HIS WAY TO MEET UP WITH US!"

"you two, change of plans. we must join Itadori at once," Nanami bit his lip. "i should've kept a closer eye on her. it was a mistake letting (Y/n) through to Gojo."

"but, if she hadn't gone, Gojo would've been sealed. doesn't this give us the upper advantage with his six eyes?" Ino questioned.

"no, in fact it's more complicated. essentially their main target wasn't (Y/n), but Gojo himself. however, with the barrier somehow allowing her to pass, this must mean both Gojos were equal threats to the curses. whether one or the other were to be sealed, they needed to remove one from the battle. it's simply one bait for two preys, a game to see who falls first. (Y/n)'s curse energy and powers are still a mystery. this means they know what more she's capable of which also put's Gojo at risk of a possible plan B option."

Nanami looked back at the 2 students, primarily Megumi who seemed to have saw a ghost. he knew when the kids were younger, (Y/n) and Megumi were particularly close.

after hearing from Yuuji on their multiple occasions of exorcising curses, it sounded like their bond held strong. so for Nanami to hear the sudden news, he knew immediately of the toll it would take on the ravenette.

"Fushiguro, breathe," Nanami placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. "we'll save her. for now, we must meet with Itadori."

Megumi could only give a weak nod and follow his seniors.

why didn't i just stop you?

the sorceress with long white locks laid in the piles of skulls, staring at particularly nothing while trapped in the prison realm. she was slightly conscious of what was happening outside, but everything seemed like a blur.

"trapped alone together, are we?"

a black figure hovered above her with a smile.

"you finally show?"

"i've always been with you since the very beginning. all this pent up fear, sadness, anger, loneliness... aren't you tired of it?"

her words held a particular echo in them. it was as if it was putting the albino to sleep.

 "aren't you tired of this voice in your head and the many others out of your head? telling you what to do and such?" the figure caressed the girl's cheek.

"that boy... Megumi Fushiguro? he holds a place in your heart doesn't he? but he broke it, did he not?"

"he did, but we both broke each others."

"no, but you see, he broke you first. all men are the same. once they realize something negative whether it's about you or their own selfish reasons, they'll discard you and break you out of their own pleasure."

"that wasn't the case between us," (Y/n)'s words began to slur.

"oh, but he still hurt you did he not? you're always getting hurt (Y/n). just like me. for so long i've been trying to find the right person, and now, i have you. we understand the feeling of being used, broken, and betrayed by the ones we thought were dear to us. so say (Y/n), why don't you rest? sleep like there's no tomorrow."

"sleep?" her vision began to blur and the many talismans that were engraved on her body began to glow.

"sleep, rest, and let your mind be at ease. you shall have no worries when no one can disturb you."

"oji-san... everyone."

"you have nothing to worry about, (Y/n)."

slowly the girl closed her eyes and left the black figure to her sleeping body and piles of bones.

it giggled hysterically, continuing to outline the softness of her cheeks and admiring her defenseless body. the talismans glowed even brighter until they burned off from her body.

she was free.

"(Y/n) (Y/n) (Y/n), you poor girl," the sounds of bones cracking echoed throughout the space and limbs emerged from the black figure. "as much as i do love to give others a quick and painless death, i'll torture and shred everyone and anyone that has crossed your path. even if it's your beloved friends and that so-called oji-san of yours. your torture and pain will never stop until it satisfies my own ambitions."

outside the box, the black eyes that were held little to no tears of black started to cry in black. the cube that had the girl sealed laid weighted on the ground, unable to move.

Geto sat by the prison realm as the other curses left to fight the sorcerers.

"seems like you're having fun in there," he eyed the cube. "have you awakened yet? Izanami."

__________________________________________