ASPIRATION. 06

♥︎

♥︎. thanks for 5k reads! ( ᐛ )و

1 week had passed.

1 week had passed since the mission Todo and Megumi were sent on.

that mission, was successful. Sukuna's finger had been retrieved and given to the higher-ups.

however, Megumi laid bedridden. he had yet to awaken since that day.

his classmates visited daily, checking on him and just hanging out in his room until it was time to leave.

Todo on the other hand only took 3 days to recover. why was the ravenette not awake yet? he had yet to understand.

it was better the longer he remained asleep in his case. the longer he was out, the longer Todo didn't have to explain the truth.

but, his return was inevitable and so was revealing the truth of that day.

________________

Megumi began to stir, his head ached and vision blurred. light seeping through his curtains stung his eyes, causing a groan to escape his lips.

he sat up, examining the patches and bandages that wrapped around his body. they didn't hurt as much as how bad it looked, but it was definitely going to leave a bit of scarring.

as if on que, the 1st and 2nd years entered the shikigami user's room.

"Megumi we've come to visit again- YOU'RE AWAKE!!!"

"yeah i'm... awake," Megumi rubbed his face as everyone made themselves at home. "how long was i out for?"

"a week," Maki replied.

"that long?" he groaned again as his head pounded. "w-where's Todo? where's-"

a sudden memory flashed in his mind. seconds before he thought he was going to get sliced in half, he heard a clap. instead of seeing the curse, he saw Todo's side. in his previous place he saw (Y/n), her body in the path of the 2 blades that were supposed to kill him.

"WHERE'S (Y/N)?" he panicked. Megumi leaped from his bed only to be pushed back down by Maki and Toge. "where is she?! she was there with us!"

"tuna!"

"calm down! you're still recovering!" Maki yelled.