Before The War - FundyWasTaken

FLUFF :D BUT A BIT OF ANGST

Also- this oneshot is kind of a reference to a new book I'm going to make soooo- ye c:

Dream was in a small forest mining stone in a random cave. He sighed in exhaustion and took off his mask, the coolness in the cave hitting his face and lowering the uncomfortable heat a bit.

"Dream?"

He perked up, he knew that voice. He smiled and bit his bottom lip and ran out of the cave. He looked around and saw Fundy near a tree in the distance. He smirked and slowly crept towards him. As he right behind Fundy, he heard the other speak, "Dream it's not gonna work."

He flinched in surprise as Fundy turned around. Fundy giggled and put his hands under Dream's thighs and picked the taller up. "There you are." He cooed. Dream instinctively wrapped his legs around Fundy's waist and wrapped his arms around Fundy's neck, pouting. "How'd you know?" He questioned. "Fox." Fundy simply answered, pointing at his fox ears. Dream grumbled, "Whatever." Fundy only chuckled and pecked Dream's lips.

Dream realized. "Oh shit! I forgot I had my mask off!" He panicked and quickly pulled it back down to cover his face. "Awh, come on, babe." Fundy pouted. Dream shook his head, "I'm not risking anyone else seeing my face." "But Dream- why not? You're hot!" Fundy urged. Dream only blushed and shook his head again, "Don't call me that-" He muttered, turning his head away from being flustered.

"Please, Babe?" "..." "Darling?" "..." "My Treasure?" "Your pet names won't help you with this."

Fundy frowned and whined, pressing his face in Dream's chest. Dream scoffed, "Don't get all whiny." He muttered, running his fingers through Fundy's hair. "Put me down." He sighed. "No." Fundy spoke into Dream's chest, his voice muffled.

"Fundy." "No." "Fundy!" "No!"

Dream sighed, "... I'll take off my mask for a while if you do..." He muttered. Immediately Fundy quickly- but gently- put him down. Fundy slipped the mask off and kissed him. Dream melted into the kiss, resting his arms on Fundy's shoulders.

Once they had pulled away, Fundy took a good look at Dream's face. He absolutely adored his facial features. Such pretty emerald eyes, the light freckles made him look so innocent. He smirked, "You're hot." He commented slyly. Dream scoffed and turned away in an attempt to hide his blushing, "Oh my god, shut up." He said stubbornly. Fundy laughed and hugged him from behind.

"Dreeeam, look at me, babe."

"DREAM! LOOK AT ME!"

Dream crossed his arms and pouted, turning his head away more. "You're so stubborn." Fundy chuckled.

"DREAM PLEASE!"

Dream turned his head to Fundy, nibbling his bottom lip. Fundy chuckled and pecked his cheek, "Treasure."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"DREAM!" Fundy cried. "LOOK AT ME!" He yelled. Dream snapped his head up to look at Fundy, startling Fundy a bit. "... Dream..." Fundy whispered, tears falling down his cheeks. He cupped Dream's cheek- his scarred cheek. His eyes were dull, a dark shade of green. He was ruined.

Fundy looked down at Dream's stomach. Dream clenched his stomach tighter when Fundy tried to move his arm. He saw the dark blood soak in his dirty green sweater. The irony smell made it worse for his sensitive nose.

"What happened to you? ..." He whispered as he looked back up at Dream. Dream didn't respond. "Dream for the love of God please talk to me." Fundy thought. "My poor Treasure..." He said, hugging Dream, but not tightly despite him wanting to- he didn't want to hurt him with the wound.

"Fundy..." Dream muttered. Fundy sighed out of slight relief, "Yes, I'm here, Treasure." Fundy spoke softly. "Fundy!" Dream sobbed, hiding his face in Fundy's shoulder where he proceeded to sob quietly.

Fundy could tell Dream was trying not to be loud by his small hiccups and stuttering of his breathing. "Dream... Please, let it out, you need to cry..." Fundy spoke. Dream completely went quiet.

Fundy pulled away a bit, concerned by how Dream quickly grabbed his wrist in a tight grip. "I'm not leaving.." He reassured, noticing how Dream's grip loosened a bit, though he didn't let go.

"Aren't you scared of me...?" Dream muttered, "Or at least hate me?" He continued. "I did so many horrible things..." Dream cried softly. "... Dream.. It's okay." Fundy reassured again.

Fundy sat next to him, pulling Dream close to him, "I'm staying right here..." He whispered.

That's it
I didn't want to make it too long qwq
Aight, thanks for reading, good morning/afternoon/night!
I gotta go to class-