I Can't Sleep - FundyWasTaken

Sorry I've been writing a lot of FWT, I've been trying to think of something else to make that was short enough for me to have motivation while I still work through the other one shots, and all I could think about was this

Dream was exhausted. Absolutely exhausted.

None of his friends have been really talking to him for the past week, and he had been stuck mindlessly scrolling on his phone and editing videos to keep himself busy. He rubbed his eyes, he had lost track of time and had worked on a video til nighttime, which greatly made his eyes sting.

He was laid on his bed, sighing as he stared at the ceiling, he would go to sleep if his mind wasn't so active still. He tried the past hour to force himself to sleep, but always found himself sitting up and fidgeting with anything until he tried again. He started getting frustrated and tearing up a bit about his current situation.

Soon it suddenly started raining, him hearing the soft pitter-patters on his roof and window.

Then, he heard a knock on his door.

He quickly sat up and his stomach churned.

There's no way someone was out there knocking on his door at fucking night, right?

He stayed on his bed, wondering if he should get up and open it.

Then he heard a ping on his phone. He turned his head, his heart sank. There's no way that creepy movie shit would happen in real life right?

He took a deep breath and picked up his phone.

Only to see it was fucking Fundy.

He read the message with a loud sigh of relief.

Furry: Dream, I'm at your door

Another text popped up.

Furry: Please let me in it's raining

He groaned and got up. He hurriedly made his way to his door and unlocked it, opening it and seeing the vulpine using nothing but his iconic cap to cover himself, which wasn't doing that good of a job.

"Oh thank god, I thought you might've been sleeping already." The ginger sighed of relief. Dream chuckled, "You fucking scared me, I thought some random stranger was at my door." Fundy laughed, "Sorry." He apologized.

Dream stepped aside and let Fundy in, closing the door and locking it after. Fundy sighed and enjoyed the warmth inside. "Jesus you're jacket's all wet." Dream said. "I didn't know it was gonna rain-" "Idiot." Dream giggled, earing a scoff from Fundy.

"You left your clothes here from last time." Dream said and walked to his room then returning with a white T-shirt and black shorts. "Oooh, right! Gimme gimme!" Dream handed Fundy his clothes. "Can I just go change in the bathroom real quick?" Fundy asked. "Mhm." And with that Fundy was gone.

Dream sighed and sat on his couch, resting his head on the armrest as he waited. He closed his eyes and frowned. His thoughts simply wandered.

"Ey, I'm back!" He lifted his head and opened his eyes, seeing Fundy in the hallway. "Hey." He sat up and sighed. "You okay?" Fundy asked, giving a small head tilt. Dream smiled at how adorable it was, "I'm fine." He sighed. Fundy walked and took the spot next to Dream.

"Why'd you even come here? It's really late." Dream asked, pulling his legs up to rest on the couch. "I couldn't sleep." Fundy answered, leaning against the couch's backrest. "I can't either." Dream chuckled and rubbed one of his tired eyes. "Oh, that's why you look like shit." Fundy joked, laughing when he saw a pout from Dream.

"I'm just kidding, you're pretty." Fundy realized what he had said and quickly tried to act casual. "What?" Dream raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" Fundy looked away, blushing lightly. "Did-" Dream wheezed, "Did you just call me pretty???" Dream giggled. "No." Dream wheezed, followed by a giggle,

"Fundy???" "Shut up." "You think I'm pretty???" "SHUT UP!"

"It's okay, you're pretty too." Dream complimented back, still quietly giggling. Fundy smiled softly. "You tired?" Dream asked, "Yeah." Fundy frowned. Dream sighed, "We both gotta sleep."
Fundy hummed, closing his eyes.

"Are we gonna end up like last time?" Fundy asked, reminding Dream. Dream laughed, "Probably, that was like, what? A month ago?" "Yeah." "Then yeah."

"Alright." Fundy pulled up his legs and sat criss cross, extending his arms out to Dream, "C'mere, I want body heat." Dream giggled, "Seriously?" He said in the deep voice he always had while giggling. "Dream. Dream, don't make it weird. We did this last time, c'mon." Fundy blushed, embarrassed.

"Fine.." Dream smiled and crawled to Fundy, leaning onto his chest and falling into his embrace. Fundy sighed, satisfied as he wrapped his arms around Dream. Dream was surprised at how well this put him at peace, closing his eyes. Dream scooted closer to Fundy, crawling between his legs. "What're you doing?" Fundy snickered. Dream chuckled "Shut up, I'm trying to get more heat." He just wanted to get closer to Fundy.

Fundy let Dream wrap his legs around his waist and his arms cling to his neck like a koala. "You're gonna make me fall back-" "Then move your back to the backrest." "I can't do that with you clinging on me!" "Then we're gonna fall back." "Fine!" The two laughed.

"Have you even done this with anyone else?" Fundy asked, looking for a certain answer from the dirty-blond. "No." And there it was, making Fundy feel more special and more closer to Dream. Fundy felt Dream snuggle his face into his neck, dirty-blond hair ticking his chin. He chuckled, leaning his head onto Dream's. It was true, Dream hadn't even done this with Sapnap. Maybe some cuddling, yes, but not this close. Fundy gave him the warmth and calmness no one else could.

"Is this helping?" Fundy asked, Dream inhaled deeply, "Yeah..." He muttered. He sounded like he was about to drift to sleep. The soft pitter-patters of rain became louder. Their breathing slowed, Fundy tilting back a bit. Fundy decided it'd be better if he just laid down already.

Fundy awkwardly laid down, still holding Dream close to his chest. Dream grumbed and pushed away from Fundy. "Hey-" Fundy whined. "Hold up, I'm just gonna turn around." Dream muttered. "So I'm gonna spoon you?" Dream giggled, "Stop making it weird." "I- how is that weird?!" "It sounds weird, I don't know." "Whatever."

Dream laid down again, pressing his back against Fundy's chest. Fundy wrapped one of his arms around Dream, the other wriggling under Dream so he could do the same thing, spooning him despite being a bit smaller than Dream.

Dream scooted closer to Fundy, pulling one of Fundy's arms tighter around him. Fundy blushed more as Dream intertwined their legs and held his hand. He slowly relaxed and sighed, snuggling his face in Dream's neck, closing his eyes.

Dream felt the soft breaths of Fundy on his neck, the rise of his chest against his back as his breath slowed. It calmed him more. He rubbed his bare leg against Fundy's, liking the feeling. "And you said not to make it weird." Fundy snickered. "Oh my god, shut up." Dream muttered, chuckling. Fundy rubbed one of his legs against Dream's comfortingly.

"Fundy..." Fundy opened one of his eyes, "Yeah?" He muttered back. "... Thanks for coming.." Dream whispered, about to fall asleep. Fundy smiled, "You're welcome.."

Wrote this in an hour, proud of myself