Mama, I'm scared.

No ships.
Just Mama Dream and Ranboo for mother's day 👍

Lol Fluff, angst, and very short (over only 400 words)

Dream was in his room, sleeping peacefully.

Well, until a certain baby enderman ran in. The sound of small feet causing a soft pitter-patter along with loud yells, "Papa! Mama, Mama!"

Dream being a light sleeper easily woke up. He propped himself up in his elbow and squinted his eyes, "Boo?" He called out softly.

"Hi, Mama!" The baby chirped. He made an attempt to climb up onto the bed, earning a small chuckle from Dream before being picked up and placed onto the bed.

"What's wrong, Boo?" Dream yawned, crossing his legs and bringing his baby onto his lap. The enderman snuggled into his chest and fidgeted with his fingers.

"Ranboo?" Dream softly spoke. "Mama, I can't go to bed!" Ranboo exclaimed. Dream hummed, "Why not?"

Ranboo looked down and fidgeted with his fingers again, the tuff at the end of his long tail brushing against Dream's hand, "I'm scared..." He muttered.

Dream frowned, wrapping his arms gently around his baby, "Okay... Okay, Boo. Since you're scared, you can sleep with me. What do you think about that?" Dream asked, leaning his cheek on Ranboo's head. Ranboo purred softly and nodded, "Yes, Mama." He agreed.

Dream smiled warmly and began to lay down, taking Ranboo with him. His smile grew as Ranboo snuggled up to him. Quickly the two fell asleep, embracing each other.

Quietly, a tall enderman entered the room of Dream's. A deep frown on his face. Dream looked up and his expression immediately changed into a face of worry. "Ranboo, what's wrong?" He asked. Ranboo tried to avoid eye contact.

"Ranboo?" Dream's soft voice got the enderman to look at him.

Ranboo's eyes watered, "...Mama..." He choked out, a small sob escaping him. Dream put his arms up to Ranboo. Ranboo was quick to fall into Dream's arms, where he began to sob quietly as Dream ran his fingers through his hair and whispered comforting words to him.

It took a while, but Ranboo began calming down. "What happened?" Dream asked, pulling away and cupping Ranboo's face, wiping away his tears. Ranboo only stayed silent, looking away. "Not gonna tell me?" Ranboo shook his head, "I'm sorry, Mama..." he muttered.

Dream smiled and hugged Ranboo again, "It's okay, Boo."

"Mama..." "Yes?" "I can't go to bed... I'm scared..."

Dream smiled more at the familiar words. "It's okay, Boo. You're okay." Ranboo let out a shaky sigh, his eyelids feeling heavy. Dream wrapped his arms around Ranboo, resting his chin on Ranboo's fluffly hair. "You're safe with me, you don't need to feel scared anymore..." He softly spoke. He felt Ranboo's breathe slow down and him getting heavier in his arms. Soon enough Ranboo fell asleep.

Dream sighed and lightly kissed Ranboo's head, "I love you, Ranboo."