In That Moment - FundyWasTaken

I feel like making people cry.

Dream ran. He ran and ran. He ignored the calls of his names. He ignored the sharp pain in his heels. He ignored the tears running down his cheeks. He ignored the image of his lover's eyes when he asked him why.

He didn't know why.

It wasn't his fault.

He didn't know what happened.

He didn't know it would happen-

He just wanted to get away.

Away from the judging looks that he knew he didn't deserve.

Away from George.

Away from Fundy.

He wanted to explain to Fundy that he didn't kiss back. That he loved him. No one but him. But he ran. Because he was scared. He was so fucking scared.

He knew he was damned when he saw that look. When he heard that tone. He knew it was all ruined.

It was supposed to be a kiss he shared with Fundy while people cheered loud.

But it was stolen by George while people stayed silent.

And now he was here.

On the dirt ground.

The sunset he had been sharing with Fundy hours ago had disappeared and was replaced by a cloudy dark sky.

And he's been sitting here.

He should've been with Fundy by now.

Cuddling in the same bed while rambling about god knows what.

Or maybe out here sharing the view of stars.

Or maybe watching a movie.

The list goes on.

Anything.

But he was alone.

Everyone had left already.

Or he thought so.

"Hey," A soft voice called out.

He gasped in surprise and turned his head.

For a split second he saw Fundy,

But it was Sapnap.

He frowned and looked away.

He heard Sapnap sigh and sit down next to him, still in the suit he wore at his wedding.

"I talked to George."

That was the last name Dream needed to hear.

He balled the delicate fabric of his wedding dress in his hands. He remembered Fundy running his hand over it with admiration.

Sapnap turned his head to Dream, his heart aching at how puffy Dream's eyes were.

"I got him to leave," He mutteted, hoping it would assure Dream in some way. He quietly brushed his red tinted knuckles and the small crust of blood on it against his sleeve.

"What about Fundy?" Dream muttered, wanting nothing but to know how he was doing after the disaster.

"I didn't get to talk to him, he ran off too and Wilbur followed to talk to him instead." Dream bit his lip and wiped away semi dried tears off his cheeks.

"As for as I know he's trying to collect himself too."

It was silent for a while.

"Bad wants to see you- tomorrow or something- I don't know, as soon as possible. He wants to make sure you're okay."

Dream inhaled and exhaled shakily. "Do you think Fundy will ever- look at me the same?" He asked, "Or is it over?"

Sapnap frowned and sighed, placing a hand on Dream's shoulder.

"I don't know man, I don't know. I can't tell you." He replied.

Dream sobbed and leaned to him, grabbing his shoulders and clinging onto him for dear life as he broke down for the second time.

Sapnap didn't know how long he stayed there, embracing his best friend who's world had just crumbled under his feet. He just wanted him to be okay.

He thought George wanted the same thing.

It was an eternity before Dream pulled away and curled in on himself.

Then it was quiet again.

Nothing came out of either of them.

Just silence.

The whistles of wind blowing gently, drying Dream's tears and leaving him cold.

Dream's thoughts wandered back to Fundy, how broken he must've been at this moment. It was like a stab to his heart thinking about it.

"When do you wanna leave? I can take you to mine or Bad's if you don't feel like going to your own house." Sapnap offered.

Dream wiped his tears and chuckled bitterly.

"It's funny," He whimpered out, yet he smiled.

Sapnap glanced at Dream with both concern and curiosity. "What?"

Dream inhaled slowly, then let out a small sob, Sapnap being quick to place a hand on Dream's comfortingly.

"About, what? A few hours ago?" He mumbled, "I was walking down that aisle, so fucking happy because in that moment I thought- 'holy shit, I'm going to marry the love of my life'," He laughed as tears welled up in his eyes.

"In that moment I was gonna marry-" He shakily laughed again as those tears began to fall once again, "someone who loves me. Someone who cares for me, who's willing to be there for me all the time, someone who-" He paused, and he gave up on trying to keep his smile, "who didn't give up on me."

He bit his lip hard, burying his face in his hands, not caring about the tears that got on them and stuck to his eyelashes.

"And now I'm here, not with him after my fucking best friend ruins it all by fucking kissing me!" He sobbed.

He lowered his hands and clenched his stomach as he doubled over, "HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT HAPPEN?" He yelled and sobbed. Fingers tangled in his hair as he continued screaming, "THAT ISN'T FAIR!"

"THIS ISN'T FUCKING FAIR! AFTER I FINALLY GOT OVER HIM TOO! HE JUST DECIDES HE WANTS ME?! DID HE HAVE TO FUCKING KISS ME?"

"I HAD EVERYTHING IN THAT MOMENT! EVERYTHING! AND IT HAD TO BE TAKEN AWAY JUST LIKE THAT?! I WAS GONNA BE HAPPY- WE WERE GONNA BE HAPPY!"

He screamed and screamed. And all Sapnap could do was rub circles on his back and whisper words he didn't think the blond even heard over his own cries.

Dream wanted Fundy here. He wanted him here so bad. He wanted his embrace, his gentle voice, his golden eyes, his warm smile, his affection.

He wanted all of it.

And now he couldn't have him.

Could he?

No.

Because life has a sick sense of humor.

And all he can do is scream.

Over and over in the hopes that he could wake up from this shitty nightmare.

But he doesn't wake up.

Instead his screams and cries die down,

And he sleeps.

With the image of the love of his life slowly fading.

Until everything goes numb and dark.