Beach Night 4.

Cgc

I expect the sound of multiple voices as I walk into the living room of our townhouse. Classes for me ended a couple of hours ago but I went to the library for about an hour with Valdez until coach Carter called me in to talk. It was nothing serious, we just went over the Saturdays schedule for our first game. We're playing UCLA here at Oak Hill. They are typically always the team we play first so it is nothing new. "People," I say as I walk into the kitchen first to get a water bottle. My roommates and two of their girlfriends sit on the surrounding couches in the living area. Nova got back this morning so it's a fuller house again.

I plop down on the couch next to Rhys who's playing Call of Duty with Xander. He daps me up quickly as he's hiding behind a pillar from an enemy in the game. "What's up?" I ask. "How was the meeting with Coach?" Valdez asks me first. Nova sits very close to him, her legs dangling over his. They haven't seen each other in months so I'm shocked they are down here with everyone else instead of upstairs alone. Maybe that's just me though. I'd sure as hell be in the bedroom for the rest of the night. I shrug, "Fine. We worked on the itinerary for Saturday. He's emailing it out tomorrow, so watch out for that," I say to all my roommates really.

"Ouuu, the games here right? I want to go!" Nova says. Valdez smiles, "You better come." They lean in to kiss each other and I look away quickly. My eyes land on Maddy who stares at them and rolls her eyes. "Jealous?" I say with a smirk. She turns to me and glares. "Didn't you get rejected by the girl you like? I actually have a boyfriend," she retorts. My smirk turns into more of a smile as I laugh. "I didn't like her. I wanted to have sex with her," I clarify for the umpteenth time. "Same thing," she shrugs. "No. They're completely different," I reply quickly.

"She's cool though, C," Valdez says to me. "Who? Brynn?" Nova adds. I furrow my eyebrows at her. I never mentioned her name earlier but maybe someone else told her. I just nod. "I haven't met her," she says. "Good, you won't like her," Maddy says and takes a swig from her water bottle. Valdez and I both roll our eyes. Maddy's wrong but I won't say anything else on her statement. Brynn won't come around anymore since I'm no longer interested. It's why I was so quick to leave whenever she greeted Chris and I earlier today at the library.

"Maybe she'll be at the football game," Nova says, completely ignoring Maddy. "She will because she's a cheerleader," I tell her. Not that I even care. I don't want Valdez talking to her anymore because then she'll think that I still want to be her friend and I fucking don't. "Your favorite," Nova says, wagging her thick brows. I roll my eyes and point a finger at her boyfriend. "His favorite," I say. Novalee looks at Chris but he doesn't say anything, turning to glare at me instead. Sometimes I forget I can't say things like that out loud anymore.

My roommates having girlfriends is weird. I'm not used to it yet even though it's been. . . a while. Thank God, Rhys is still single. Speaking of.

"We still going out tonight?" I ask Rhys.

Rhys and I have been best friends since freshman year and we do this thing every Saturday before the first game of the year where we go out to the beach and hang out for a couple of hours. It's a me and him thing since we're the closest to each other. "Hell yeah," he says, focusing on the game instead of me. "Alright, I'm gonna go change already," I tell him. He nods, still not paying attention to me. "I'll see you guys later," I tell the rest of my friends before disappearing upstairs.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

Rhys and I make it onto the beach when I get a text from Brynn.

Brynn; hey, busy?

Me: Yup.

Brynn; oh that's fine. talk later then :)