Hurtful Words.

Cgc

"I've come up with a suspicion," I tell Nova and Chris as I sit at the feet of my roommate's bed. I can't stand third-wheeling them or even Xander and Maddy, yet I always find myself barging into their rooms and talking to them whenever I'm bored. I'm not bored today, but I am here to share some information I've been collecting these past couple of days. Serious information. Life or death situation kind of information.

"What about?" Valdez asks first. I look back towards the door which I left open by accident earlier when I came in. Everyone is home right now since it's Monday night. I get up quickly and shut it, deciding I'll tell Maddy and Xander never.  I like Valdez and Nova better. "Rhys," I start "he's hiding something." Valdez and Nova look at each other shortly and then back at me. "Something bad? Something like Xan?" Valdez questions, worry in his voice. Yes.

"No," I half-lie only because that is not what Rhys is hiding. At least it's not what I was about to share with them. "I think he's seeing someone," I say a bit quieter. Both Valdez and Nova sit up together. If my observations are true, then I am officially that last single guy in our group of friends and that means death. After Chris started dating Nova and then Xander, Maddy, I knew I would probably be the last one to get a girlfriend. Rhys would eventually find some kind of crazy ass girl to settle down with and I'd be single because settling down? It's never been in my book.

"Who?" Nova whispers. I shrug my shoulders, "I'm not that far into my suspicion slash investigation. I only believe that he is seeing someone." A smile grows on Nova's face and she scoots closer to me. "Tell us everything!" she says with excitement. She's excited, Valdez isn't or if he is I can't really read him, and I am upset. I fucking hope I'm wrong. I don't want Rhys to be in a relationship, call me selfish.

"So he's a lot softer than usual and I have no idea why. Usually, around me, he's a little different than around everyone else but he's like. . . too soft? You guys were never like this until you started Nova and Xander started dating Maddy. We've never been soft until women is what I'm trying to say. That's my first observation. Second, remember that freshman Rhys was running away from? When would Rhys ever not want to hook up with a pretty girl? I saw her, she's his type," I explain to them.

Nova nods, "Makes a lot of sense actually."

"He also told me that if I liked Brynn, I should go for it and pursue her. He's told me that like three times now. But then at that party, we met that Sabrina girl at, Brynn, Rhys, and I talked about being single and stuff but he was super sappy about finding the right person to be with and how if you do, then you'll be in a happy relationship. It was like staring at an alien seriously, you should've seen him," I say.

"Wait, this actually makes sense?" Valdez then says. Fuck, I hoped they would have told me I was looking into it too much. I guess my suspicions aren't wrong since they see it too. "What kind of girl would Rhys even like?" Nova asks, looking at us for an answer. Valdez shrugs, holding his hands up in defense. "I don't know. I feel like he would go for someone quieter and reserved, a girl who won't give him a hard time, someone pretty, short, blonde hair, blue or green eyes," I say. Then it hits me that his type is Brynn.

Though I'm content with the fact that if Rhys does have a girlfriend, it is not Brynn. I know this for a fact.

"Sounds about right," Nova says, agreeing with me. "So then we'll just watch out for the girls he talks to and try to see if anything seems weird? Or maybe those times he goes out without any of us?" Valdez suggests. I shake my head quickly, "We just got back from summer break, what? A month ago? If he's dating someone, it's been a while meaning it's someone from home since he was there after we came back from the Bahamas. Or it could be some girl from school he's been texting over the summer."