Dinner & Drinks.

Cgc

I couldn't have asked for a better start to the season. Our season opener was against UCLA here at home and we won, 48-16. Since the game started, the air just felt different. It was a new season, one that smelled and felt full of promise and success. When the ball left my hands on that first play and landed in Xander's, I just knew it was going to start and end well. We scored a touchdown on the opening drive and the game just went uphill from there. We celebrated just a little bit in the locker room and I told my teammates I'd see them later since I had already made separate plans with Brynn earlier this week.

I know I said I was not going to talk to her again but every time I see her I just seem to not want to stick to my initial plan. I feel like I would be doing myself a disservice if I completely kept her out of my life. I don't know but I feel some kind of connection to her and it's fucking weird to even say. It's easy to say I'm not going to talk to her again whenever I'm not around her. But when I am? That statement gets thrown out the nearest window. So here I am on a Saturday night, hanging out with a girl instead of celebrating the first win of the season with my teammates.

I might be fucked.

"Hey, sorry I took kind of long. I couldn't find my stupid purse," Brynn says as she gets into my car. I turn the volume down to my music as I immediately start to pull out of the parking lot. "Don't worry, I was just waiting here for like twenty minutes," I joke. "Shut up, don't make me feel bad," she says. I chuckle as I start my way out of the school. "You didn't eat at the game, did you?" I ask her. I see her shake her head from my peripheral vision. "I only had something to drink," she tells me. "Perfect. The food at Killian's is fucking amazing," I say.

I decided to take her to one of my favorite restaurant slash bar in town since she told me earlier that she was hungry. I told her she shall not eat the whole day so I could feed her a real meal later on. I promised we could hang out somewhere more fun another time. "We'll see," she says, turning the knob up a little higher on the music. "If you don't like the food there, we can't be friends," I say, only half-serious. She fake gasps, "We're friends?" she asks.

A smile tugs onto my lips before I can stop it. "Yeah, I'm your only friend, remember?" I smirk. "You wish," she drags out the last word. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I'm the only friend of the certified loser and that is okay with me," I say. "You're a piece of shit," she says through a laugh. I'm fucking glad she knows how to take a joke. If I had said that to anyone else, they probably would have taken some offense to it. It's called sarcasm and I promise my words are laced with it. Only a few can hear and see it, though.

"Ahhh, What did I say? You stuck around long enough to see that side of me," I say, remembering our conversation on Monday. "Damn, that is true. You can't get rid of me that easily though," she says, smiling. I let out a breath, acting like I had been holding it in. "Thank God." She laughs again and fixes herself on the seat. "Oh, I forgot to congratulate you on the win tonight. I didn't know Cgc Scott was that good at football," she says. I shrug my shoulders a bit as I pull up to a red light. "I'm good at more than just that," I wink at her.

I told myself I would not flirt with her since I know she's not interested in me but who knows, maybe she'll change her mind. "Oh, yeah? Like what?" she challenges. My body heats up at her words. I'm in fucking heat right now because there's no way I'm getting turned on right now. I look away when the light turns green. I clear my throat as I press on the gas. "Being the sexiest guy on campus," I say confidently. She laughs almost immediately after I finish that sentence.

"Oh, I'm sorry you were serious?" she asks, mouth twitching. I roll my eyes. Well, she sure as hell knows how to deflate a dude's ego. "Fucking serious," I say. She smiles and shakes her head. "Of course, you were. You're. . . handsome," she says that second sentence hesitantly. "Ew, did I just boost your ego?" she adds, her face contorting. "Nah. My ego no longer boosts whenever I hear the same compliments all the time." I smirk and she rolls her blue eyes.