Date.

Cgc

"Me and you time with no distractions," Brynn says, leading me out of my house and towards her Jeep. I raise my brows, letting go of her hand to get in front of her and open up the passenger side for her. "Let's see if we can manage to get through the day without a distraction," I tell her before closing the door. We both had practice this morning and then our classes for the day. It's only 4 in the afternoon but we both decided to take the day off to spend some time together. Even though we do see each other every day, I still miss her when she's not around. I get on the driver's side and adjust the seat before turning on the car. "We told everyone not to bother us," she reminds me.

"I'm aware, I just don't think they'll listen," I say with a fake smile. She rolls her eyes playfully and grabs my hand to intertwine our fingers. "It's our first date so I'll be damned if anyone bothers us. Especially, at dinner," she says. I look over at her, my eyes wandering her body for a little too long. Most of the time my girl wears brighter hues but seeing her in this little black dress right now is driving me insane. Her toned legs are halfway visible and white heels sit underneath her feet. I'm too touch-deprived to be seeing the woman I'm crazy about dressed like this. I clear my throat as I focus back on the road even if we're about to be stuck in holiday traffic.

Oak Hill always gets packed as any holiday starts rolling around. Thanksgiving is on Thursday meaning we're getting a long weekend. I shouldn't even say that since we're all still studying for finals which start soon after when we come back. I'm not too worried but studying and football has been more stressful for me since the regular reason is close to finished. While I'm excited to give my body some rest again, I know my stubborn ass will be in the gym and on the field on the time off we have. The Orange Bowl is the most important game of the season to me. I need some kind of redemption after letting my team down last year. I'm taking them to the National Championship game.

Brynn's phone rings, taking me out of my thoughts. She groans, pulling it out from the cupholder. It's her Mom. She hits the decline button, putting it back down. "B, we're stuck in traffic. You could have answered," I say, feeling a little bad for her mom. Brynn falls back into the headrest and faces me. "No distractions," she repeats from earlier. I don't argue with her as I lift my ass from the seat to see how far back in traffic we are. Our dinner reservation is at 7:30 and it's already 7. Brynn looks out the window, her head leaning against it. Our fingers are still locked but I pull away to turn the radio on. She looks at me and frowns. "I was just trying to put some music on, clingy," I tease.

She blinks slowly, flipping me off with her yellow french-tipped nail. I grab her hand before she can move it and kiss the back of it. She rolls her eyes, but I catch her small smile. "How's Lauren?" I ask Brynn. It's only been about three days since we told her about Aiyden but I haven't talked to her. I've tried texting her like three times but so far I have yet to receive a response. "She says she's fine. I don't know if it's true, I don't think so," she says into a sigh. "Maybe we should have invited her to dinner," I say with a smirk. Brynn laughs, "No! This is supposed to be our date." I put my hands up in defense, holding onto the steering wheel with my knee as traffic starts to move a bit.

"I think it's a great date so far," I tease. She tilts her head and then eyes me the same way I was eyeing her earlier, only for a shorter amount of time. "You look very handsome," she says, almost like it kills her to admit. She knows the answer I give her every single time she compliments me though so I can't blame her. "I know," I say. She scoffs, slapping my arm and turning to face the front. "I take it back," she says, crossing her arms over her chest. I can't help but glance down but I look back up at her quickly. "I'm just playing with you, pretty girl." I reach over to grab her smaller hand in mine and intertwine our fingers again. "I am pretty," she says, sticking out her chin and sitting up straighter.