2 | coming here was a bad idea

I was fucking done with that piece of shit

Also known as my brother.

Coming here was a bad idea. I've told this a million times to Salvo but he wouldn't get it through his thick skull. And ended up dragging me out to here. Father would murder us if he found out we were here at a damned street race match out of our territory. He allowed all of us Romero brothers to go to street races or us racing ourselves and didn't think twice of it as long it was within his mafia territory where we had power and serenity.

Sure, some of us sneaked out time from time to some matches out of our territories before. A few of these times we were caught by our father and got our asses in deep shit. But we've managed to convince him it wasn't big deal although I'd admit it was stupid and reckless.

But this? A race settled in Russian territory. Our fucking biggest enemy who would give us no mercy if they got their filthy hands on us. This was the next whole level of stupid.

I've refused to go when Salvo asked to go at first but he threatened to go here alone. So being the good brother I am, I went with him.

The thing is that I didn't know where we were going and assumed we were going a minimum of one hour outside the territory.

I've fallen asleep while Salvo drove us and woke up only to find out he had driven us five goddamn hours outside of the territory. And worst, basically under the Russians' mercy.

Now I'm here feeling uneasy and uncomfortable, around enemies and worst - hundreds of people. And it was too fucking loud here.

I hated humans.

I preferred my devices, computer, and the silence in my room. The only times I didn't mind the presence another than my family is people were doomed to die by my hands.

I glanced at Salvo and he was surrounded by a few Russian girls one of them looked like she was eating his face off. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and kept my infamous Romero cold mask on. Of course, he didn't come to watch the Ghost "fucking greatest driver in the Underground ever" as Salvo had claimed but rather to see, or I should say fuck, some Russian girls.

And I was supposed to be the brains of the family.

Being a top hacker of the Italian Mafia and all, I was supposed to be smarter than be deceived by the dumbest brother in the family.

Fucking awesome.

In the crowd of people, I spotted a girl next to her mother with a gleeful expression on her face who was no more than four years old. My breathing hitched.

The girl had light dirty blond hair just past her shoulders just like her. She had a flower tucked behind her ear like she used to.

The resemblance ended there but it still made me think of her. My little sister who I loved so dearly. Ariana Romero. The people knew her as the Lost Mafia Princess.