36 | anguish of betrayal

THREE NIGHTS AGOFIVE MINUTES BEFORE ARIANA WAS DRUGGED

THREE NIGHTS AGO
FIVE MINUTES BEFORE ARIANA WAS DRUGGED

Giovanni Romano stalked through the mansion shrouded in darkness. He was covered and gloved from head to toe. An outsider would say he was about to rob a bank if they took a glance at him. His hand held a phone with the flashlight on it cleared his way better as he went on his way. The other hand held a knife. 

A knife to end Ariana Romano for once and all.

He had considered a gun to end her faster and easier but quickly decided against it. It was loud and he didn't want to risk any guards hearing him before he could escape.

Hours ago, he found out that Alex was gone for a day and the guards were gone for the next few hours - let go by Noah. He instantly knew he wouldn't get another chance so he'd snuck in and smeared the sleeping drugs on the tips of the cups. Beforehand, he'd jammed the camera temporarily by planting a device to pause the power.

Now, he was in the tunnel, peeking into a small hole in the painting which was his shed from his three nieces drinking tea and conversing with each other.

A surge of anger hit him as he heard Ariana talking and laughing. That sound was the proof that he and Kodiak had failed miserably in their plan - one that was set in motion years ago.

He was supposed to be the Don by now. He made a deal with Kodiak to not harm Luca because Luca, who he was always jealous of, was his to torture. A week before Giovanni was supposed to go down to the submarine and corrupt him so bad that Luca would be the trap to getting all of Luca's sons to their knees for him.

It was a win-win situation. Kodiak gets his revenge, the power, and the recognition from the Russian Mafia. Giovanni would finally get everything Luca had and he would brainwash his son Dante, then he would be his heir.

Until that bitch had to hack into her brother's database and ruined everything by giving them all of the information. And now his eldest brother was walking free.

Two slams followed as the two brothers fainted, the drugs doing their job in their bloodstream. Satisfied, he pushed the painting and it fell with a slam, causing the pans hanging nearby on the wall to fall. He pulled back a bit into the darkness as Ariana ran her eyes over him, not seeing him who was blended into the shadows.

When she came closer and reached her arm out, he clasped his hand on her arm with a victorious grin and carried her upstairs to her room when she finally fainted.

By the hour was done, this girl in his arms would be raped and murdered in her own bed. Her brothers and father would go crazy with anger and despair afterward. Out of their minds to the point, Ace would hand the mafia to Giovanni temporarily where he would assess dominance and power over it. By then they're back on their feet, if it's even possible, the mafia soldiers and allies won't be loyal to them anymore.