16 | family movie night

I felt strangely naked and vulnerable underneath their intense stare

I felt strangely naked and vulnerable underneath their intense stare. My eyes were utterly focused on the floor, not wanting to meet theirs. 

"Ariana!" The loud exclaim came from Apollo, my lifesaver. "You're here!"

"You're here?" Salvo raised his eyebrow at his youngest brother. "That's all you got? Really?"

Apollo ignored him and skittered to me with a full-blown grin. "You're watching the movie with us?" He seemed excited about it. I scanned the others. Most had a soft expression on their faces which relaxed me a bit. So they wanted me here.

I nodded timidly.

"Yes!" Apollo playfully threw his fist in the air. "What kind of movie do you want to watch? We were just looking through Disney plus."

I frowned in confusion.

"It's like Disney's own Netflix. It's pretty cool." He explained. "Or you can use Netflix if you want! Or HBO. Or Hulu. Or Prime Video. It's Amazon's own Netflix, by the way. Or-"

Apollo's mini-rant was cut off by Noah. "It's called a streaming service, you idiot."

"Not everybody is a tech genius like you, Noah." Apollo rolled his eyes.

"Everyone knows what that's called."

"I didn't." Ares defended his twin.

"That's because you two share the same womb so your dumb levels are the same." Noah retorted.

"Well-"

"You don't count as the dumb one of the family." Noah cut off Salvo.

Salvo raised his eyebrows and his eyes glinted with mischief as if he knew something we were unaware of. "Tsk." He rubbed his chin dramatically. "Yet you come me for advice to get girls into your bed. I wonder why?" 

Noah's face turned red in embarrassment and anger. My eyes widened and my lips parted as I realized what he meant by getting girls in bed. "You promised you would shut up!" He pointed a finger at him accusingly.

"I'm the dumb one, remember? So I wouldn't know what that meant." Salvo shrugged.

"Ohh!" Apollo marveled.

Noah clenched his jaws.

"Okay, that's enough." Elijah tutted, waving his hands. "Where do you want to sit, hon?" He turned to me and asked with a smile.

All of the eyes were on me again - the previous argument is already forgotten. I tensed again. I quickly randomly pointed to an area of a couch to end the spotlight on me soon as possible.

Noah pushed me on the wheelchair to the couch and I set myself at the end of the soft couch. I rested my side of my body on the couch's arm and tucked my legs to the other side.

Noah sat down next to me only to be thrown to the floor by a scowling Salvo. Noah groaned in pain as his body landed on the carpet with a loud bang. I heard both of the twins snickering.