6 | we're coming

It had been a few hours since they got the call and the whole Romano mansion was in chaos

It had been a few hours since they got the call and the whole Romano mansion was in chaos. The tracker chips were being activated and all of the made men were on high alert so there was nothing else for Luca Romano to do except to feel helpless. It brought the memories of the vanishing of Luca's daughter and he couldn't help it.

The Russian who called them wanted Luca himself and that was impossible. As the Don, he had to set an example. Noah and Salvo Romano were trained to survive and they were good at it. He hoped they could manage to escape before too much damage was inflicted on them.

But he knew if there was a chance of they killing them before they have the chance to rescue them, he would offer himself without a thought. Ace was more than ready to step up and he did most of the work now anyway.

Hopefully, it wouldn't get to that point.

He poured and shallowed his whiskey in one go. He breathed through his nose and rested his head on the chair behind his table in the office. All of this is a mess. He thought. His control was slipping. He was still as powerful as ever but it seems like the Russians were, too, right under him.

"Fuck!" He cursed under his breath.

"Father." Luca snapped his head to his second son, Elijah who looked concerned. He had forgotten he was sitting across from him. "It's going to be okay."

Before he could reply to his son, his phone vibrated. When he checked, his heart stopped. It was a text and three photo attachments. He knew what it meant. They were probably being tortured. Meaning the situation is worst than ever.

"What is it," Elijah asked, alarmed as his father's face fell more.

"I got a text from them..." Luca trailed off.

"And?"

"Photo attachments." He gulped.

Elijah's eyes darkened. He may act motherly and soft, but when someone lays a finger on his family? He will go all mama bear and burn the world down to get revenge for any harm intent on his family.

"Do you want me to fetch Ace and Alex?"

Luca declined his offer. They were busy, trying to get the licenses of the Russian cars that took their brothers. And they didn't need to see this.

"Are you going to open them?"

"Yes." Luca did not hesitate. "If they're in pain, then I can at least take a burden of it."

Elijah nodded slowly, understanding. "I'm with you in this, Father."

Luca nodded and opened the text open. Elijah brought his chair and plopped down next to his father.

unknown number

Call me after you open the attachments. I hope you stop resisting our demand, Luca Romano.