11 | cats are the way to win your heart

I'm beginning to get the sense of time

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I'm beginning to get the sense of time. I almost cried at the sight of the sun. The sunlight slightly pours down on the other side of the room from where I am on the bed. First I was afraid but when someone mentioned it was the sun, I was mesmerized. I dreamt of the days in the sun and now I'm seeing it. The sun helped me to get a grip on timing and I've counted five days since I woke up. I think it's a bit more than that but I forgot the numbers. 

I was told I was almost fourteen years old and I was down in the basement for four years.

Fourteen years old.

Four years of darkness.

I didn't know how to think about it. I was ten years old and suddenly I'm fourteen. I most definitely didn't feel like a real teen. It feels like it's shorter than that because the days blurred together with the almost exactly routine every day. Yet it also feels like it's longer than that because there was nothing to do to occupy my mind but either to count repeatedly, stare into the darkness, or agonize over the pain in my body.

Salvo comes in to talk to me every day and I listen to him intensely even if he doesn't know it. I don't reply or react to him. I don't interact with anyone.

This place may be strange and unfamiliar but I quickly realized that this was much better than the basement. There's no pain except the barely noticeable stinging of my back from the last torture. Even that, it was nothing compared to other tortures I've experienced.

My mind was getting less muddled and the memories of the Before came to me in dreams. I remember it for a long time afterward. Usually, I forget as soon I wake up.

In summary, I was getting a grasp of reality. But I don't think much of it because that can be taken away in a heartbeat.

The others comes in to talk to me, too, but I was still uncomfortable. I pretend to sleep but they always continue talking as if they knew it was an act. They say there are another three of my 'brothers' who I have yet seen or heard.

I am hoping I won't meet them ever because according to them, the three are the scariest ones.

They talk about different things such as various food, Italy where they claimed I am hailed from, and their hobbies.

Noah is the quietest and grumpy one and when he talks he mutters as if everything annoyed him. Apollo is a cheerful, very random person and loves to drone on. Elijah, whose I was scared of at first because of his triggering words, seems to be the kindest one and he's the one who brings the food and water which I rarely take. Salvo is my favorite because I felt less tense around him. He always had interesting things to say and always smiling.

I've been on this bed since I first arrived. I was used to it, after all. I stayed in one place for years. An older woman in a maid outfit whose personality reminds me of Mother, with the things I remember of her, comes in here four times every day. The first is to draw me a bath. The rest of them is to help me relieve myself. I cannot walk far on my own because my legs are far too jelly.

Perditaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें