03

past - chapter three

sicheng was now inside the mall and just walking around, probably wasting his time or finding a job. until he spotted that one stall who were trying their products to strangers.

"last one who wants to try! you guys might win a prize!" the sales lady said.

and sicheng, who was watching them, automatically raised his hands, making those girls look at him and let out a gasp.

a man? who wants to try as a makeup artist?

sounds new for them.

"can we know your name?" the sales lady said.

"winwin will do." he smiled.

"okay, this is your spot and we will start in a few minutes." she smiled, pointing to the mirror with their products on the table.

the girl he needed to put makeup on was just someone who volunteered, sicheng politely talked to her while preparing those products he will use.

"this is the first time i saw a guy trying this thing," the girl said.

"i'm not trying to do this," sicheng said. "i really studied for this." and he smiled.

until the contest started, there were five of them and sicheng was the last one. he started to do his things and thankfully that the cream was suited to the girl's colour tone.

they just have thirty minutes, but less in the call time, sicheng already finished his thing. besides that he was used to doing this thing, he had really fast hands.

the audience who were watching them was the person that rated them, and the person who got the highest score would win the contest.

"and the last one, who likes the works of winwin?" the sales lady asked.

and the thought that no one will choose him because most of them already pointed to others, they suddenly pointed at him, as in all of them, they even squealed like they really like his work.

"and our winner is, winwin!" the sales lady said, making the crowd clap and cheer for him.

he can't help not to be flustered, he got the prize which is a bag of their products, of course, and a ten thousand cash.

he left after that. besides that he had fun, he also got money. he was peacefully walking and had a smile on his face. not until someone called him.

"if i'm not mistaken, you're the guy in that one makeup stall who joined their contest?" she suddenly asked.

"uh, yeah?" he answered, sounding like he was asking.

"oh, i want to give this card." and she handed the pink business card. "my company needed a makeup artist and i saw how fast you are and how beautiful your work is, that you really based it, based on their personality and style." she smiled.

"okay?" was the only word that came out of his mouth.

"hope to see you tomorrow," and she finally left.

sicheng watched her disappear in his sight before looking at the card that the girl handed to him, he stared at it for a good minute before putting it inside his pocket and continued walking.

"how's your day?" his friend asked who was comfortably laying on his couch.

"do you think it's a wrong idea to give you the duplicate of my apartment keys?" sicheng asked and put some water on the cup.