04

past - chapter four

"we're not living in a fictional world, so one of the many rules that we have is to distance ourselves towards those idols oncam. being friends with idols is fine as long as the cameras are off, but when the cameras are on, know your limits because there's a lot of delulu fans around." she continued.

"besides that you had a good performance with makeup, someone also recommended hiring you. wonder why you're here. we really don't accept staff who's not married or engaged, so be thankful."

"another one, don't let yourself see on cams. every group who had a comeback or attended some awards event, there's usually some camera inside their dressing room so, be aware."

a lot of rules that the woman discussed and sicheng also finished signing the contract, he was now attentively listening to her and making notes inside his mind that he hopes he won't forget.

"so, you're assigned to the group..." and she opened that one folder, finding something.

"nct ilichil."

sicheng was now looking around while the girl named lia was pulling his hand, it was the same girl who gave him a pink business card. and she was now bringing him to the dressing room where the group he was assigned for.

today was the first day of his work. even if he was surprised at what happened in his life, he just accepted it and forgot it. he needs a job, no personal feelings.

"we're here," the girl said.

he saw the group name on the door, making his heart beat fast. the girl knocked before opening the door, and the people inside suddenly looked at them.

"hi, yeorobun." she greeted. "i want to introduce dong sicheng, you can call him winwin. he was now your new makeup artist." she introduced.

"hello," he greeted and took a bow.

"you know how to do it?" that one male asked. "you're a... guy." he finished off.

"i studied for it back in my college days," sicheng said.

"oh, stupid me. by the way, kim doyoung. the leader." and he handed his hand.

"nice to meet you," he smiled.

"johnny suh," said the tall male said who's sitting in one of those seats.

"lee haechan!" the tanned male greeted and waved his hands.

"mark lee," the guy next to haechan said.

"taeil, and this is yuta." and he pointed to the male beside him who didn't care about what was happening around him. or maybe he just didn't hear them since he was wearing an airpods.

"jung jaehyun," that one male said and also waved his hands.

"hi, i'm kim jungwoo!" the last one said, making sicheng wave back at him.

"since you all know them already, you can start your work now since the show will start in an hour." and she patted his shoulder, leaving the room.

sicheng suddenly felt anxious, besides that he was still new around him, lia was the only person he knew in this work.

"you can start in jungwoo since he was an mc," doyoung said.