24

past - chapter twenty four

"hyung!"

yuta flinched as the loud shout woke him up, he immediately looked around and he was now inside his room. besides that mark who woke him up, no one was inside his room.

"how did i get here?" he asked, frowning.

"wae? did you go somewhere?" the younger asked, also frowning.

"y-yeah," he nodded. "i was with sicheng, we slept in our apartment." he finished off.

but the younger suddenly went quiet after that, yuta looked at him again, meeting mark's eyes who was now staring at him. a look that he pitied him.

"hyung, i know it hurts. but, can you just move on and forget it? it's been a year." mark said worriedly.

"huh? what are you talking about?" he asked curiously.

mark was about to speak again but the door suddenly opened, making the two look at it but it was just jaehyun and johnny who came inside the room.

"hey, jae and johnny." yuta called. "how did i came here? aren't sicheng and i are together after the ceo talks to us?"

"huh?" the two answered in sync.

"what, huh?" he frowned.

but inside him, his heart is already beating fast and he was nervous as fuck. he didn't what is happening.

"hyung," mark called.

"sicheng hyung already died a year ago."

and that made yuta stopped, he suddenly stiffed at his place. he didn't know what to react, he didn't know what to do.

"what did you just say?" he gulped.

"you're the one who explained that to us before the incident and you forget it already?" johnny asked curiously.

"just fucking say it!" he hissed.

"year ago when the incident happened, you told us that before that incident, you saw him walking down the street, and he was lonely." mark started. "you said, you are urged to follow him. but ended up changing your way and going home instead. and the next day, sicheng hyung reportedly died on the spot."

"the investigation said that he was hit by the car, and they assumed that sicheng hyung wasn't familiar with the place, making him not realise the car was approaching him." he finished off.

"no..." he whispered and started to freak out.

"you kept blaming yourself for not following him that night, you said that if you followed him, maybe he won't die. which no one really has a fault, that's why i told you to forget it already and started to move on." he continued.

"hyung, it hurts to see you like that." mark said.

but yuta didn't respond, his eyes were now starting to tear up. maybe this is just a dream. because as he remember, after he and sicheng talks with the ceo, they got home and slept together.

this must be a dream.

"wake me up, wake me up..." he whispered.