23

past - chapter twenty three

"hmm, love? what are we doing here?" sicheng asked curiously when the two stopped in front of the familiar building.

"nothing, this place used to be our favorite place, right?" yuta asked.

"hmm, yeah." he nodded. "i just felt sad because i didn't live here anymore." he pouted.

it was already late and both of them were wearing a lot of clothes, especially on their faces to protect their image. especially yuta's image.

well, the agency already warned them about being safe in their relationship. like, they should be careful on those things that they will do together.

"aren't you curious why we are here?" he asked.

"no," sicheng shook his head. "love, we decided to visit our favorite place. and like what you said, this used to be our favorite place so i was not curious anymore."

"how about we go inside?" yuta asked, making sicheng frowned.

"uh, that's trespassing?" sicheng said.

"come on!" and he suddenly pulled him.

sicheng can now hear his heartbeat, which was beating so fast, but he suddenly went curious when yuta had the key to the building's gate. why did he have that?

"love, i think this is a bad idea." he gulped.

"no, baby." and yuta faced him. "trust me, it's not." he giggled.

sicheng can't help not to feel worried, but as the time passes by, the feelings of being nervous suddenly change to curious.

they were now approaching his apartment, but he frowned as he saw the lights there. the building was completely shut off. well, there's a few lights but this floor looks like a lot of lights.

"surprise!"

he said happily and started to walk around, leaving him behind who was still processing what just happened.

a table in the middle with new cooked foods, a lot of flower petals on the ground, candles and of course, the lights.

"love? what is this... for?" he asked curiously.

"an appreciation for being a good boyfriend to me, and my birthday gift for you!" he giggled. "a few minutes before your birthday." he said as he checked the time.

"b-but why?" his voice cracked, being near to burst out of tears.

"because you deserve it..." he smiled and walked towards him.

"you don't have to!" and he hit his chest.

yuta let out a chuckle before checking the time again, a few more seconds before sicheng's birthday. finally, he can tell the truth.

"love,"

five...

"i just want to say something though." he smiled.

three...

two...

one...

"we finally own this building."

“don’t push me, you son of bitch.”