29

"WHERE'S MAXWELL anyway?" I asked. We walked into the elevator.

"He's closeby, for sure," she was escorting me back to my apartment. It was nice of her. We talked about our careers for most of the afternoon. And she showed me some of her makeup on her phone. Surprisingly, I actually owned some of her products. And they worked great so far.

"Thanks for today. I really did need to get out of the house," before the elevator door could close, someone placed their hand in between. Their head was lowered, and covered with a hoodie.

"I have a bottle of Hilkins for you, but I know you can't drink it for now," Delia mentioned.

"Yeah. But still give it to me," I laughed. The person walked in, and turned to the elevator door. They didn't press a floor button, but I didn't focus on that.

"I will next time I see you," the person pressed the stop button, and turned to us. I stepped back when I recognized her.

"Meg, what are you..."

Delia stepped in front of me immediately, "you shouldn't be here."

"Don't tell me what to do, bitch," Meggie removed her hand from her jacket pocket, revealing a knife.

"Easy there," Delia placed her hands up, "don't do something you'll regret," I trembled. Looking over Delia's shoulder, I saw Meggie's stone cold eyes.

"Meg, don't," I tried to move, but Delia stretched her hand back, and stopped me.

"All I asked for was a chance to be with you. But all you did was lie and lie."

"So that means you should hurt her?" Delia stepped closer to her, "you don't deserve her."

Meggie's hand swung across Delia's chest, and pushed her out of her way. She pushed me against the wall, holding the bloody knife against my neck. Delia! I knew that she was hurt.

"Look at me," Meggie gritted her teeth, "this is all your fault," she dropped the knife to the floor, and pulled out a gun. She pressed it against my neck, "all your fault."

"Don't hurt her, she's pregnant!" Delia yelled. We both looked at her, blood dripping down her chest. Delia placed her hand against the wound, and tried to walk closer.

Meggie removed the gun from my neck, and pointed it at Delia, "don't move closer," she placed her other hand around my neck to keep me in place. Her grip tightened, making it hard for me to breathe.

"Please don't hurt her," Delia flinched in pain.

"So you're pregnant, huh?" Meggie didn't take her eyes off of Delia, "that doesn't change how much I want to hurt you. I want you to feel the pain I felt for you everyday," she squeezed harder. The air in my lungs was depleting, and if I didn't get to take a breath soon, I knew that I was going to faint, "and if I can't have you, she can't have you either," Meggie laughed hysterically.

I gripped her arm with the little energy left in my body. She looked at me, my eyes pleading for her to stop. I could hear my heart thumping. I wanted to embrace my unborn baby, but there was no energy left in my body to do so.

The last thing I heard before my body shut down was Delia screaming...

I WOKE up drenched in sweat. Was it a nightmare? Looking around me, I was in a hospital room, once again. The heart monitor was beeping. I placed my hand over my stomach, and flinched.

"You're okay, just breathe," a nurse rushed over to me, "her bp's dropping!" Darkness consumed me as though it controlled me.

I woke up again. I sat up, and placed my hand against my stomach. Are you okay, baby? "Allie," my mother placed her hand on mine. She was in tears. I looked around me, and saw police officers in the corner of the room.

"Where's Delia?" I asked. My mouth was dry, and my heart felt as though it would jump out of my chest, "where is she?" I croaked out, tears filling my eyes.

"She's going to be okay, honey. She's okay."

"Miss Masters. I'm glad to see you awake," a police officer said, "we've detained Meggie Adams."

I felt dizzy, as I remembered what happened. The police officers soon left, and the nurses adjusted my IV, "your baby is healthy," those words of relief filled my ear, but the pain in my heart wouldn't go away. Delia.

"I want to see Delia."

"You can't right now. But I assure you she's in good hands," my body spasmed, "not again! Give me the paddles!"