Chapter 6

RM.

Akash knocked on the door of his father's study and entered after hearing his permission.

Manohar looked at his son and signalled him to sit down.

Akash looked nervous and Manohar knew the reason why.

He knew he was here to coerce him to let his mother accept Payal to work at the restaurant as a chef and he was on board until she explained why she will not hire her and it had nothing to do with her dislike for Payal.

No matter how much he disagreed with his wife, he knew after what her family did and Sonia did, she doesn't trust middle-class people and he couldn't blame her.

"Papa... I want you to please convince Maa to let Payal work at her restaurant..... She wants to try and fix her relationship with Maa but she is being difficult and unbearable. " Akash paused and gulped seeing his father frown in anger and he knew he went overboard by insulting his mother which he knew his father hated. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to say that. " He apologized and Manohar nodded.

"I get what you mean but I also understand your mother...... You have been at her restaurant and you know how rush hours can be and truth be told Payal is slow...... Look how long she takes to prepare food in the kitchen for us even with the help of the Prakash brothers and she is either having too much salt or pepper in the food and using way too many spices than needed and that can't happen at the restaurant...... Your mother built that place from the ground up and with financial assistance from anyone..... The restaurant and her pride and joy and I won't let anyone ruin it for her. " Manohar said sternly and Akash knew it was a lost cause and he was also right.

"No matter how much I disagree with your mother's dislike for Payal, I also understand her..... She has trusted way too many middle-class people and always got disappointed..... If Payal wants to be accepted by Manu, she has to stop playing the victim always because she is not....... As much as you want to deny it, she is no different from Anjali..... She is the Anjali of the Gupta family..... Everything is handed to her on a silver platter just like Maa forces us to do the same for Anjali and on countless occasions, she has been made the villain because she wants Anjali to be independent and stop relying on us for everything...... And one more thing, I heard what you said to your mother about how you will never allow her to see her grandkids if you have them...... It's the most disgusting way for you to blackmail your mother into accepting Payal and all that has contributed to her dislike for her without you even realizing it...... If you go through with that threat then the same will apply to me. "

Akash felt ashamed and finally understood he has been in the wrong and on several occasions he has threatened his mother just for Payal.

He thanked his father and was moving out when he saw his mother standing by the door which was opened and from her expression, he knew she heard everything.

Manohar looked at his son and followed her gaze to find his wife standing by the door and knew she heard everything.

She moved in and looked back from father and son and sighed.

"Akki....... I know to you I am the villain of the story. " Akash was about to retort when she raised her hand stopping him. "I won't argue with you and I will give your wife an opportunity but under one condition..... You will have an informant be with her because I know how good she is at playing the victim and she is capable of accusing me of maltreating her. "

Akash was stunned hearing his mother's accusation but kept quiet because he didn't want to upset and make her drop her offer.

"Okay..... I will do that if that is what you want. "