Chapter 9

Two weeks later.

Life has been going well for Khushi, she had an amazing job and the people were pouring into the restaurant more than before.

All the staff loved her because of her kindness and respectful character and she was now their favourite in the restaurant.

Maithali also joined her a few days ago after her divorce was finalized and together the trio made a happy family.

She was overjoyed when Mami told her about her father's improvement and even asked her to visit him but she refused and Mami not wanting to upset her, stop pushing for her to see him so she became the messenger between Shashi and Khushi.

Everything was going well except the discovery of Arnav meeting Anaisha and becoming her new friend.

She had picked up Anaisha from school after work and she looked happier than she expected her to be.

After a long chat at home, she told Khushi about her new friend and narrated everything to her.

Khushi's heart dropped hearing the description of her new friend and the name she gave him.

She was for certain that Arnav was the man and she started panicking.

She was hurt thinking Mami betrayed her and was about to call her to confront her when she received a message from Anaisha's school's parent WhatsApp page.

It was about collaboration with AR Designs for a new school uniform for the kids.

She finally understood it was just a coincidence and was thankful she received the message before calling Mami because she knew she would have hurt her feelings with the accusation and she felt sick to her stomach to have tried to confront the woman who was helping her survive.

So the next day, she dropped Anaisha at her school and pretended to leave but sneakily hid among the influx of parents there to drop off their kids and waited.

After about an hour of waiting, she was about to give up and leave when she saw a Bugatti la Voiture Noire enter the premise and out of it came two stylish men both dressed in an elegant suit but her eyes was on one of them.

Khushi unconsciously licked her lips seeing Arnav, he looked bulkier and his once gel back short hair was now a long tousled hair with a few strands kissing his beautiful forehead.

The man was indeed eye candy and it showed by how all the women drooled at him and Aman as they walked into the building.

From where Khushi was standing, she could see everything and she saw Arnav stop at the playground where the kids played before going to class.

Anaisha felt someone call her name and she turned to find Arnav standing behind her and she run and hugged him.

Khushi saw Arnav scoop her up and carry her to a bench and both sat down with Aman standing behind like a bodyguard.

They both were chatting, giggling and laughing like two best friends who had lost in touch and were finally reunited.

It amazed Khushi how natural he was with Anaisha especially since he never liked kids.

Tears of joy streamed down Khushi's face seeing her baby so happy with her father even though she will never know.

She knew she couldn't stop this because this was the only way Anaisha could be with her father. After all, she knew he will hate her if he knew she was his out of their unwanted one nightstand.