Chapter 24

"Get me out of here I didn't do it...... Please let me go. " Payal cried out from the cell she has been placed in.

A policewoman showered up annoyed and hit the bar with her stick making Payal flinch and she move back.

"Just shut up already........ You have been screaming for hours now and disturbing all of us...... If I hear you again, I won't hesitate to lock you up in solitary confinement. " She warned and Payal shook her head as tears streamed down her face.

The police woman threw a disgusted look at her and shook her head.

"You were married to a rich man and also the daughter in law of such a powerful and rich and honourable family and yet you cheated on your husband with a low life and when he cheated on you, you murdered him and nearly killed his girlfriend and now here you a yelling out your innocence as if we are fools to believe you. "

The police woman spat on Payal and walked away after giving her a stun look.

Payal fell on her knees and cried out as she remembered the scene which brought her here.

Flashback.

Graphic details ahead.
Skip if sensitive.

Payal got down from her car after she reached Abhishek's old house where his location said he was and she knocked and banged but got no answer, ignoring the stares from the neighbors she walked back to her car and took her purse searching through it as she walked back to the house and opened the door closing it behind after entering.

She was about to yell out Abhishek's name but stopped and her eyes widened seeing red stains on the tiled floor trailing to the kitchen.

She was hyperventilating as she walked towards the trail and scream seeing Abhishek lifeless and his white shirt drenched in blood together with an unknown woman moaning in pain and bleeding on the floor

Payal was about to scream when she felt a sharp pain at the back of her head and she blacked out.

She was waken up by the sudden smell of mentholated spirit that hit her nasal cavity and she woke up with a jerk.

She looked confused seeing the women who was with Abhishek on her gurney with an oxygen mask covering her nose and mouth.