Chapter 3

Two Days Later.
RM.

Mami sat on her bed finally giving a few touches up to her makeup before going to her restaurant.

She heard a knock on the door and asked the person to enter without looking up.

And when she finally did, she rolled her eyes seeing Payal standing in the room.

"What do you want? " She asked rudely and Payal nervously handed a paper to her and she frown but read it.

After reading it, she stared Payal up and down and stood up and wore her slippers throwing the paper away

Payal nodded down hurt as Mami took her bag and was about to walk out but Payal held her hand.

One glare from Mami made her release her hold.

"Maaji please give me a chance..... You know I am a good cook and when Akash told me of the vacancy for head chef, I had to apply...... I always feel suffocated sitting home all day...... I want to be like you..... Even when you are married into the Raizada family, you secretly made a name for yourself with all the restaurants all over that city...... Please maaji..... Give me a chance. " Payal begged and Mami looked at her and shook her head.

"I am not a ladder you can use to climb up to success....... I started my business on my own with my own money and I hate nepotism which you want me to do just because you married my son..... The family may think you are innocent but I know you are no different from Sonia and my family members...... A bunch of gold diggers....... I will never employ you not because I dislike you but you can't meet the pressure at the restaurant...... Look how long it takes for you to prepare simple dishes in this house even when Prakash and his brothers are helping you and you think you can handle the rush hours at my restaurant. " Mami scoffed at her and she looked down with tears in her eyes.

She rolled her eyes and walked out leaving Payal behind.

"I know if it had been Khushi, you wouldn't have hesitated..... The bitch is out of my life and yet always around because of the fool in the form of Arnav who hasn't forgotten her and you always bringing her up in every conversation...... I have had enough of you and now you will face my wrath soon..... You just wait and watch. " Payal thought with an angry look on her face as she composed herself and walked out to the dining table.

Akash looked at her and she shook her head no indicating his mother didn't give her the position.

"Hello hi bye bye...... I have to go to interview the new chef. " Mami revealed as she sat down at the dinner table beside her husband.

"I hope she will be good as Kamala. " Nani said as she broke a piece of her bread and chewed it.

"She is Kamala's choice so I don't doubt it but I still have to meet her to make sure she is up to the standard I want. " Mami replied and sipped her juice.