Chapter 16

No, proofread

Garima discreetly breaks out of there to avoid being recognized by Subhadra.

Arnav was seething in resentment seeing Subhadra Malik who looked down not being able to meet his eyes.

He wanted to yell at her and kick her out but Anaisha who was playing with his beard alerted him to her presence in his arms he looked at her and she threw an innocent smile at him and he smiled back and kissed her chubby cheeks.

Anaisha giggled because of the ticklish sensation his beard had on her soft skin.

"That's my great-granddaughter...... She is so beautiful and I wanted to hug and protect her like I never did with Arnav. " Dadi thought looking at her with so much love that it freaked out Arnav and he glared at her.

Khushi moved closer and rubbed his back to calm him down.

"Welcome Subhadraji. " Manohar cheered politely and she smiled at him and Mami which astounded the whole family, especially Arnav.

Mami called out to HP and made him take Sumi's luggage to the guest room.

"What's going on here? " Nani asked his son who ignored her as he lead Subhadra to the couch and Nani turned to Subhadra. "Subhi?...... What are you doing here? "

Nani yelled and Anaisha wiggled in Arnav's arms, an indication she wanted to be put down and Arnav did and she rushed up to Subhadra and opened her arms shielding Sumi with a glare on her face directed at Nani who together with the others except Manohar and Mami was taken aback.

"You naughty Nani..... Don't yell at my great-grandma. " Anaisha yelled with her little nose flaring in anger astonishing everyone except Manohar, Mami and Subhadra who had smiles of pride on their faces.

Arnav strode closer to Anaisha and crouched at her level.

"Baby doll..... Do you know who she is? " Arnav inquired and she nodded with a huge smile on her face.

"Grandma and grandpa told me she is your grandma and that makes her my grandma too...... I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and she said you were naughty just like me. " Anaisha said and giggled but it turned to sadness within a few seconds. "But she said she hurt you when you were little so I asked her to come here and apologize and you forgive her....... You will forgive grandma right? "
The anticipation on her face for her father to forgive his grandma broke his heart because he knew for the first time, he had to fake it to make his daughter happy.

Arnav smiled and nodded and Anaisha shrieked and clapped.

She held his hand and moved towards Subhadra Malik and made her stand up.

"Now hug each other. "

Arnav moved closer to Subhadra and hesitantly hugged her.

A few seconds later he tightened the hug relishing her tenderness, the tenderness he had always enjoyed when he was a child.

The tenderness that proved her love for him once a long time ago until her betrayal.

Subhadra smiled with tears cascading down her cheeks feeling his grandson hugging him genuinely for the first time in over a decade and she loved it and wished she could turn back time and undo what she did but she couldn't but was happy she sacrificed her life to make Arnav happy even if it meant him hating her.

Flashes of the past run like a sports car in his psyche and Arnav immediately pulled back much to the dissatisfaction of Sumi.

Anaisha giggled seeing his face but she mistook her father's despair as an embarrassment.