Chapter 26 (Last)

Talkatora Garden, New Delhi.

Anjali lazing in the garden watching children playing and adults lost in their conversations with happy smiles on their faces.

She inhaled the sweet fragrance of the flowers that filled the garden with the most refreshing and rejuvenating aroma.

"Anju? "

Anjali heard her name being called and she smiled and turned to find Dadi looking at her with a huge smile and teary eyes.

Anjali reciprocated her expression

She was so happy seeing her after so many years and she hugged her and Dadi reciprocated both burst out in tears and Dadi broke the hug and stared at her from head to toe

"You look so beautiful and different. " Dadi said and Anjali smiled through her tears.

"I do feel different. " Anjali replied as she led Dadi to an empty bench behind them and both sat down with Dadi holding her hand and kissing it.

Anjali knew she missed her just like she also does.

"Why didn't you want us to visit you in prison? " Dadi asked and Anjali sighed.

"Because I don't deserve it and it was for the best....... Khushi and Shashi may have forgiven me but I know chote hasn't and I know how horrible his temper is and he might say or do something stupid if I allowed anyone of you to visit me...... You all have been through a lot and I don't want to ruin it. " Anjali replied and Dadi nodded understanding her point of view.
"I know I made you hide the fact that I am already out of prison and it's killing you but it's for the best. "

Dadi smiled and nodded at her.

"How is everyone?.......... I saw the wedding pictures of chote and Aman and they looked so dashing and handsome in their sherwani."
Anjali complimented and Dadi laughed remembering something which confused Anjali. "Why are you laughing? "

"Arnav may have looked handsome in the sherwani but it took a lot of blackmail and conditions for him to wear it...... Could you believe he wanted to wear a suit to his traditional wedding? " Dadi revealed and Anjali laughed not surprised about Arnav's choice for his wedding. "He put forth a condition that he will only wear it if Khushi agrees to a five months honeymoon around the world and poor Khushi who wanted him in a sherwani had to agree but she uno reverse card him when she also vowed to wear one of her old Chamkili suit to the reception." Dadi laughed and Anjali gasped in shock.