Chapter 20

City Hospital, Delhi.

Akash sat on the hospital bed staring at Payal sleeping as tears brimmed up in his eyes.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"You didn't do right. " Buaji blurted disappointed and Akash was stunned because he never thought in his life since he met Payal, that Buaji will defend his mother against her niece. "And I hope one day you won't regret letting your emotions get the best of you. "

Buaji walked out of there leaving a stunned and confused Akash behind.

He turned and looked at Payal and closed his eyes recollecting the atrocity he had just committed.

Flashback.

Payal had woken up two hours after the other left and was crying hysterically after Akash told her she had lost the baby.

Akash hugged her to comfort her but she pushed him away shocking Akash, especially seeing the hatred in her eyes.

"This is all your fault." She cried out and Akash was stunned by her accusation. "I tolerated your murderer of a mother just for you...... And now look, she got so mad that I was carrying your child that she pushed me and made me fall and lost our baby. "

Akash shook his head and told her what he was told and Payal was shocked to hear that a CCTV camera could prove Mami innocent but her evil brain formulated another plan.

"Yes, what happened was an accident but don't you dare forget the doctor said my baby was already stressed and whom do you think stressed me out. " Akash was speechless and Payal chuckled sadly. "Your mother is the only one responsible for my baby's death and she would have killed me too if she had the chance but here you are defending her....... She thinks you are a loser and even before she knew Aman was her son, she was always proud of him and yet you and yet you defend her...... She always verbally abused me and yet you still defend her........ After all these years of trying, I finally got pregnant and she made me lose our baby and still you defend her........ She respects a stranger like Maithili more than me her daughter in law and yet you defend her........
If it had been Khushi who had allowed her friends to come to eat for free at the restaurant, she would have said nothing but it was me that's why she did what she did and humiliated me and yet you defended her....... You proved your mother's words that I am only a bed warmer nothing else........ I don't know what I did to her but she has hated me for no good reason and yet you defend her....... We better end this marriage. " Payal cried out and Akash looked at her horrified.

He rushed up to her and hugged her and Payal smirked behind her tears as Akash held her afraid to lose her and Payal rejoiced knowing it was the perfect time to take advantage of his vulnerability.

"Am so sorry my love...... Just say the word and I will do it to prove my love for you. " Akash begged hugging her tightly.

Payal severed the hug and looked straight into his eyes.

"You will have your mother arrested for attempted murder and infanticide and you will demand your share of the inheritance. "

Akash stood up from the bed in shock praying Payal was joking but the look on her face was proof that she was dead serious.

Payal chuckled sadly as tears streamed down her face.

"I knew you were just words and no action....... What your mother put me through nearly killed me and I wouldn't have lost our baby if she had let all this go and before your think I'm a gold digger for want I said then tell me why would I try to humiliate myself working for your mother, if I am indeed a gold digger, I would have used your mother's verbal abuse as leverage to take huge alimony from you after our divorce..... I would have stolen money from you and your family but I didn't..... I want you to get part of your inheritance because we are going to go against three powerful men, Aman, your father and Arnav...... They will do anything to make your mother get away with snatching our baby...... The baby we have been trying for years and finally, we had it and I was going to tell you. " Payal cried out. "But Anjali got arrested and I didn't want to sound insensitive by announcing our pregnancy." Payal vigorously wiped her tears as she went from sadness to anger. "If you love our baby and me, this is the time to prove it..... If you don't then get ready to lose me. "