Chapter 23

A loud slap sounded outside the apartment complex where Payal and the pawn husband has been living.

Buaji held her abused cheek looking astonished at Payal who had slapped her.

"There are your bags. " Payal yelled and Buaji with tears in her eyes looked at her bags and clothes lying on the floor. "You have the nerve to expose me to Akash, therefore you don't deserve to stay with me..... Now leave from here and don't you dare come back to me because no one will take you in, not even your brother and if Khushi finds out you were our accomplice in hurting babuji, she will kill you and I don't have to tell you how capable she is to do that because of how much babuji is like a God on earth to her...... Now get out. " Payal hissed at her and Buaji looked at Garima who looked away nonchalantly.

Buaji crouched and started collecting her clothes and putting them in a bag when an SUV halted in front of them and the trio looked at it.

A man in a suit rushed out and opened the door and the trio were stunned to see the person standing in front of them.

"Shashi? " Buaji exclaimed in shock seeing his paralyzed brother standing in front of them on his feet with a can as support.

Garima bolted and hid behind Payal seeing the deadly glare Shashi was throwing at her.

"These are the people you always supported. " Shashi said looking down at his sister who bowed her head down in remorse and she immediately began to whimper remembering her mistreatment of Khushi and brother just for them. "Look how low they have reduced you to...... I can never forgive you for what you helped them to do with me but you can stop their evilness today itself. "

Buaji looked at him confused and Shashi held her up and whispered something to her.

Her eyes widened in shock as he stared at her brother and Payal and Garima looked at them perplexed.

"It's the first step to me forgiving you and making them pay for everything they had done to us. " Shashi said in disdain looking at Payal and Garima.

Shivers run down their spines hearing the hatred in his voice and even more so with the vengeful look on Buaji's face.

"I am ready. " Buaji replied looking at them in distaste.

"Whatever you two are planning will never succeed...... In a few minutes, I am going to be rich and no one can touch me. " Payal bragged with a victorious smirk on her face and Shashi chuckled and walked up to Payal and stared her right in the face.

"Never count your eggs until they hatch..... I know everything you have done and how you were shamelessly caught with Abhishek by Akash. " Shashi revealed shocking Payal and he smirked. "Tick tock tick tock...... Your downfall is ticking and it will be my pleasure to see you and your witch of a mother fall. "

Shashi turned and entered the car with buaji leaving the witches confused.

He rolled down the glass with a smile on his face.

"Lesson number one in life my dear Payal...... Never trust anyone especially a despicable man like Abhishek...... I won't be surprised if he has by now betrayed you and taken away all the money you have in your bank account and poor you also gave him the documents which have both yours and his name on them...... Worst of luck. " Shashi mocked and blew a kiss at them as the car drove out of the apartment complex.

Payal looked at her mother who had this look of fear in her eyes.

"Akash will never tell the family because of how ashamed he feels so how did Shashi know about all of this and why did he say Abhishek will betray me. " Payal exclaimed.