Chapter 21

I am so sorry for going MIA like that.

Rent is now becoming expensive and I and my sister found a cheaper and more comfortable apartment and we are moving in together so it has been a little bit chaotic juggling work and moving from my place and hers to the apartment, that's why I have been gone for so long.

So please bare with me if I don't update regularly but I promise to make it up to all of you as soon as I become less busy.

Now back to the sorry.

No, proofread.

Mami, Aman and Arnav arrived home to a loud squeal of joy from Anaisha who got down from Manohar's lap and straight to Mami and she picked her up showing her with kisses all over her face making her giggle uncontrollably.

"Grandma..... I miss you so much. " Anaisha exclaimed enthusiastically and hugged her neck" And so did grandpa. " she continued and Mami looked up to find Manohar with swollen eyes and dark circles under his eyes indicating he neither had a good sleep nor stopped crying.

Aman's wounds, Arnav's stressful face, Anaisha's distress for missing her and Khushi and Maithili's worry for her and her husband's devastating state made the motherly love she had for Akash reduce tremendously.

She felt a rush of rage and hate for Akash, the son she had raised for three decades and she didn't feel remorseful about it.

She walked up to him with Anaisha in her as and Manohar hugged her and she reciprocated.

"I am so happy you are home. " Manohar exclaimed as he broke the hug and kissed her forehead and she smiled back at him.

"Grandma." Anu's voice broke their reverie. "You no leave grandpa again..... He was sad like me. " she complained with a pout followed by a full-blown smile." But now he is so happy to see you just like me. "

Manohar smiled and kissed her cheeks making her giggle.

Arnav went to take her from Mami so that they can have some needed alone time but Manohar denied and Mami together with Anu moved to their room as the family watched on.

"Dadi thought would be better if she didn't go to school today because she was the only one who could cheer papa up. " Khushi revealed and Arnav nodded and they walked and sat on the couch together with Aman and Dadi who cupped Aman's face checking his injuries.

"That shameless boy keeps on messing up over and over again but this time he has gone way too far. " Dadi exclaimed in anger examining Aman's injury.

She then turned to Khushi and Maithili and signalled something to them but both shook their heads which didn't go unnoticed by Aman and Arnav and they knew why.

"We already know Anjali is here and that Nani bailed her out...... As much as I want her out of this house together with Nani, I can't because I have better things to worry about. " Arnav revealed and Dadi nodded.

"Both of you go and get some rest let me prepare something for the three of you. " Dadi said standing up."Khushi dear go with Arnav. "

Khushi nodded and helped Arnav stand up.

"Dadi let me help you. " Maithili said and Dadi nodded as they walked to the kitchen and Aman, Khushi and Arnav to their respective rooms.

Anjali who was hiding watched them with tears of remorse in her eyes.

Only if she hadn't been jealous or insecure, Arnav and Khushi would have been together and even had another child.