Walking Zombie

[Edited]

Myra's POV

I was working on the new game we will release this month.
This game is going to be a hit. It just needs to be tweaked a bit and it'd be done.
My developing team has worked their butt off on this game. I ought to give them a bonus.

Before this year ends, I plan on releasing tonnes of new gadgets. My company has always made games, but it's time to upgrade. We can't stay on top forever with our current status, but I plan to stay on top for years to come. I didn't work my butt off only to come in second place. I'll make my company soar, the sky isn't the limit. It's beyond.  

Heer says it's going to be difficult. but success doesn't fall on one's lap. One needs to work for it.  Risk and profit are two sides of a coin, and I'm not afraid to flip it.
I have failed many times before, so I'm well acquainted with failure, and I'm going to kick its ass this time. It's because of those failures that I'm here right now. And calculated risks have a high chance of succeeding. I'm not going in blind here. It's self-assurance, not overconfidence. Because of this, I have gotten hold of many sponsors. My confidence doesn't come off as arrogance. 

"Do you know what time it is?" Diksh interrupted my self-praising session with Kavita in his arms.

"What? Today's Sunday right, why's Kavita in her uniform?" I asked.
Diksh gave me a weird look.
"Sis, you spent all your day working didn't you, and you didn't sleep the night?" He said and I gave him a guilty laugh.
"Sis it's seven forty-five in the morning, and today's Monday."

1

2

3

...

I freaked out. I frantically ran to my room, sloppily cleaned myself, and wore a random kurta and jeans. I didn't have time to do my makeup or my hair. I'll do that in school.

When I looked at the clock it was eight-five. Oh shit. A teacher who is late. I have never been late before. What example am I going to set for the kids?
I started tearing up.

"Oh, god Myra!" Shiv entered my room and hugged me.
"Pagal ladki! It's alright" Shiv said.         [In this context: You silly girl]
I started to ramble nonsense as I hugged her and she shushed me.
"Now girl, get ready, oh you're already are, well stuff your mouth with some sandwich I made and make a run for it. And take my daughter with you." Shiv gave me a wink and I understood what she was doing.
"You're a lifesaver, Shiv." I hugged her once again.

I stuffed myself with a loaf of bread and peanut butter and ran for the front door. 

I put Kavita on the passenger seat, fastened her seatbelt, and jumped in the driver's seat.

I avoided traffic by taking the long route to school and drove inside before the security guard closed the gate.

I huffed and told Kavita to go on ahead.
I caught my breath before stepping out of the car.

"Myra Ma'am!" A child came running to me and clutched my leg.
It was Meghna. "Hey, baby, what's up?" I asked her as I picked her up.
"Uncle overslept and got me late." She said.
I knew she was referring to Abhiraj so I looked at the front gates to see him waving at us. He looked even more dashing in his suit.  I wish I could walk around in a suit without worrying about the paparazzi. I envy his confidence. 

"Well, it's alright baby. No worries. Now, it's time for morning prayer so off you go. I'll be there in a minute." I put her down.
"Remember our promise?" She asked with hopeful eyes.
Oh shit, I forgot the seeds. Wait I didn't buy any.
"Yes of course!" I said. I have to tell Shiv to buy some and bring them to me.
She jumped with joy and ran off to her classroom.
I rushed to the washroom and looked at myself. I looked okay: tousled hair, dark circles under my eyes, no makeup, and a sloppily buttoned kurti. I don't look okay! I look like a walking zombie, but I can fix this, this is okay, no one noticed me, I can fix this. I assured myself as I opened my bag and pulled out some wet wipes. I put my hair in a messy bun, wiped my face clean,  put some concealer under my eyes then some kajal and lipstick, buttoned my kurta properly and walked out of the washroom.

The morning assembly was nearing the end. I quickly sneaked into the teachers' common room, signed the attendance sheet and prepared my teaching material.

After the school anthem had been sung, I went to teach my first class. I teach English and Maths to elementary-level children. I was also in charge of the gardening club for toddlers and kindergarten students.
My first class was English for nursery students, and I planned on having them recite rhymes today. Although that was not my subject, I was too tired to handle them today.

__

Soon it was lunchtime, and the kids ran to the playground. Caretakers guided the toddlers to one corner of the playground designated for them. Teachers were assigned to different regions around the school to ensure the children's safety. I was not assigned today so I walked to the front gates that had been opened for recess. Diksh had texted me during the fourth period that he'd bring me the seeds during recess. 

I was waiting for Diksh when I saw Abhiraj, leaning on his car looking sexy as always. I couldn't help but catch yet another glimpse of him. His presence was captivating, and I found myself yearning to see more. But when I tried to sneak a glance at him, our eyes met, and the world stilled around me.

______

Hope you enjoyed reading the chapter.

[I swear Grammarly is a pain in the ass. I don't like it at all. It makes me make more mistakes than corrections.]