Meeting Parents

[Edited]

It's been two months since that incident and nothing significant happened after that. Just the same old me juggling from a preschool teacher to a CEO.
Oh yeah, Raj finally asked me out. Diksh went feral when he got the news of us a few weeks back. He almost barged into his estate when Shiv stopped him. Today Raj is officially meeting my family.
To say that he's nervous would be an understatement.
We have been dating for only a month and a half but I can see that we're going to go long-term.
This is not some, "let's see how it goes, and then we'll commit" No, the commitment was there from the start.

Raj had been bugging me with questions since the afternoon:
"Mimi, what should I wear?"
"Mimi, should I bring gifts?"
"Mimi, should I prepare for my funeral?"
"Mimi, am I going to die?"
"Mimi you know I love you right?"
"Mimi, what does your father like?"

Oh god, he's like a teenager. I somehow calmed him down and said be yourself they'll love you.

Today was a big day for me. Well, it's an even bigger day for him, let's just hope it goes well.
Who would have thought I'd end up dating The Abhiraj Rajvansh? If someone told me a few months ago that I'd be dating again after such a betrayal I would have laughed at their face, but now ......
"I gave you by sloppily patched up heart Raj, the rest is up to you," I said with a sad smile.

__

It was four-fifty, he should be here any moment now.
My brother and father were sitting in the living making plans.
"Papa, Bhai, I'll tell you one more time, if you try to scare or intimidate him too much, I'm taking him out of here," I warned them once again.

The doorbell rang and I rushed to the front door.
There was a wet cat outside. Just kidding, it was Abhiraj who was nervous as hell, and it could be seen in his face.
He was dressed casually, with a bouquet and a bottle of wine in his hands. Dad loves wine.

I took them from his hands and as I was about to usher him in, when Diksh came in between us and leaned in towards him.
"You stink." He spat and I kicked his leg. "Oww, what was that for." He asked and I glared at him.
My baby was already scared, and here he is scaring him even more.
"Get in." Diksh spat and went in.
"This is going to be hard." I held my temples.

"Come in beta." My mother said as she blessed Raj, who touched her feet.
"God bless my son." I smiled, mom and Shiv are the only sane ones in the household.
Ahem, I am too.
LIAR!

"Oh, why are you standing, come, come, sit." Mum was doting on him and he visibly relaxed.
Good job ma.

But it didn't last soon as Dad faked a cough. Mum glared at him to shut it, but he didn't get the message.
"Name?" Here he is, Colonel Sharma.
"A-Abhiraj R-rajvansh." Oh my god! I stifled a laugh bubbling out of my stomach as Raj squeaked.
"What a wimp," Diksh commented and I rolled my eyes.
I made my way to his side and held his overly sweaty hands.
Dad started asking him ridiculous questions, here comes Paparazzi Sharma.

"What do you do?"
"How many scandals?"
"How many exes?"
"Ever got seduced?"
.
.
.
.
What is this? Rapid fire round of paparazzi questions?
"Papa!" I yelled.
"What?" He asked as if he did nothing.
"Papa, Raj will burst into tears if you keep on attacking him like that," I said and he flinched. Oh my god who is this guy, he can't be my Raj.
I knew dad had the talent to make lions turn into rats in front of him but I didn't expect this guy to be weak to dad's attacks.
I'm impressed. Wait I shouldn't be impressed, I need to be on my baby's side, who is a baby today?
"Well, he should man up and~" Mom threw him a death glare this time and that shut him up.

"How many siblings do you have beta?" Mum asked gently. I heard Dad and Bhai scoff, "Two, one older sister, who is married, and one, younger brother." He said.
"Do all of your family members live together?" She asked again.
"Yes, except for my elder uncle, the rest of my family stays together. Our family looks big from the outside but it's even bigger on the inside." He smiled. He always smiles when he talks about his family.
"Tell me more about your family." Ma also noticed. This ought to calm him down.
By the time he was finished praising his family, dinner was also prepared.
Mum and Raj interacted like old friends. Bhai, Dad, and I were left out so we started talking about war history and politics on the side.

Today was one hell of a day.

_______

I woke up today, at two in the morning, and I felt a sudden burst of inspiration I wrote this and the next chapter, without writing the preceding one.