Is It That Noticable?

[Edited] 

Abhiraj's POV

For some insane reason, I decided to drop and pick up Meghna for the week.
I know the reason, but I don't want to acknowledge it.
Though I was working from home, I had an important meeting today. However, I dressed up fancier than usual to drop off Meghna.
There was a part of me that longed to lay my eyes on her, hidden away deep within my soul. The desire was strong, tugging at my heartstrings, urging me to seek her out.

I parked my car away from the school entrance to avoid drawing attention. There were only a few parents left and the watchman was about to close the gate when a car suddenly rushed past. It must be a teacher. How irresponsible.

I dropped Meghna off at the gate and nodded at the elderly guard.

"Myra Ma'am!" Meghna yelled as she rushed in.
I looked up to see Myra getting out of the car. Ah, so she's late.
Her appearance was ghastly. She looked like a zombie who hadn't slept in days, yet still managed to look pretty.
She picked up Meghna and gave her a tired smile. They chatted for a while before noticing me. I waved at them and then walked away.

__

"Bhai!" Hritik rushed into my study.
"What is it?" I asked a bit harshly, I don't appreciate being disturbed while working.
"Sorry bro, but I forgot to pack Megh's lunch. I know it was irresponsible, but can I borrow one of your cars? Mine is still being repaired." He asked and I thought for a while.
"Well, don't worry too much, I'll deliver it to her," I said as I got up. Hritik looked baffled and I gave him a 'what?' look and he shook his head.

I drove to her school and waited at the front gates with the other parents. Most were ladies and they were blatantly staring at me.
The gates opened and the parents entered the school grounds. It was crowded so I decided to wait a bit before entering. I leaned against my car as I wanted when I caught Myra staring at me. She blushed when she was caught but before she could run away, I walked up to her and started a conversation.

"Hey there," I said.
"Hi." She gave me an awkward smile, she looked embarrassed. But above all, she looked pale with exhaustion.
"Are you alright?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" She asked perplexed.
"You look like a zombie. You should take a break and rest for a bit. It's not good for your health." her eyes widen at my observation
"Is it that noticeable? I thought I hid it well." She scratched her neck.
"Makeup cannot conceal one's exhaustion." I smile.
"I suppose so." She sighed.
"What are you doing here? I mean, shouldn't you be inside?" I asked again, curiosity getting the best of me.
"Oh, I'm waiting for my brother. He'll be here soon" She said and asked me the same.                        "My brother forgot to pack lunch for Meghna so I'm bringing it to her." I held out the pink tiffin box,                                                                                                                                                                                      "Oh, we should hurry then. Come I'll take you to her." 

We delivered the lunch box to Meghna and walked to the entrance. She looked like she was about to pass out, so I asked her to have lunch with me when a guy appeared out of nowhere and held her by the shoulder "She's not going anywhere with anywhere" he glared at me. He was taller than me, and insanely handsome if I must.

"And who are you to decide that for her?" I spat.
"Her brother." He said.
What a great way to make a good first impression. Wait why do I care?

"Bhai! Calm down. He was only asking." Myra said as she put a hand on his shoulder.
I guess everyone in her family is insanely tall.
I was 6'5 and this guy was even taller than me. Myra almost reached his shoulders and up to my nose-ish area so she must be taller than 5'8. 

They bickered for a while as the dude handed her a paper bag and another smaller bag of seeds.
"Thanks, Diksh." She said, looking at him gratefully. That must be his name.
"Anything for my baby sis." He said as she patted her head. She giggled.
"Well, I gotta go." He said as he gave me one last glare and left.

"Sorry about him, he's just too protective of me." She said after he was gone.
"Oh, no worries, even I was protective of my sister too, before she got married," I said with a smile.

"You mean Samaira Rajvansh Oberoi?" She asked. Oh, she knows her.
"You know her?" I asked her.
"We're good friends." She chuckled and looked at her watch.
"Oh shit, the recess is about to end, I gotta go. I'm sorry for taking so much of your time, Raj..." She rambled on for a while before stopping herself.
Raj? I like the sound of it.
"No worries. I am free for the day." I said. "Now off you go. Your students rely on you to be at your best. It's hard to do that when you're hungry. Take a break and grab a bite to eat. You'll come back energized and ready to teach!" I shooed her and she went away laughing.
The sound of her laughter was like music to my ear. Maybe I am feeling something. And I liked it.

____

Happy Reading.

A/N: Why the f am I getting butterflies by reading my own book? LOL.