A lone fish

[Edited]

My clothes were delivered by my tailor this afternoon, after which Shiv and I went to the beauty salon. After spending a considerable amount of time there, I was getting ready to go to the engagement party when I received a call.

"You sure this will work?" The caller asked.
"Of course, you just have to trust me. This pen drive will make your career. Now, do you have the papers?" She gave me a positive reply and I instructed her further before hanging up.

I draped my saree and proceeded to apply my makeup. I kept it minimal and focused more on my eyes. Then, I styled my hair in an elegant yet slightly untidy bun as my blouse was backless and I wanted to show it off. For accessories, I selected big silver jhumkas and a watch. I didn't want to overdo my look.

"You're looking hot, sis." Shiv whistled as she entered my room. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to put my Kamar band on but Shiv stopped me.
"Leave it. You look gorgeous without it." Shiv said.
I never go anywhere without wearing my Kamar band if I'm wearing a saree.
I gave Shiv a look, conveying my want to wear it, but she glared at me, I pouted like a small kid but obliged anyway.

"By the way, how do I look?" Shiv twirled as she asked me.
"You look bomb, Shiv. Bhai won't be able to keep his hands to himself." I smirked and wiggled my eyebrows as she blushed.

Shiv wore a pink saree and a collared blouse with mesh sleeves, accessorized with minimal gold jewellery and nude makeup. She looked like a model from a magazine.

Shiv and I walked to the living room where Diksh was already waiting for us. He looked stunning in his burgundy-red suit, which made him even more handsome than he already was. My brother and Shiv were holding hands as we made our way to my car.

I informed Heer about the engagement party, and she arranged for one of my Limousines.

"This car is amazing! Why don't you use it daily?" asked Diksh.

"Well, using a limo daily would attract too much attention, especially from nosy neighbours. Besides, it's not ideal for daily travel, especially with the terrible traffic," I replied with a smile.

Gaurav, my chauffeur, helped us get into his ride and we had a good chat on our way to the venue. The paparazzi knew me as Pankaj Oberoi's ex-fiancée, but no one knew anything about my family.

Shiv was feeling uneasy about the media attention, and Diksh was already wary of drawing any further attention, given his fame as a lawyer. To resolve the situation, a plan was made: I would go down first, followed by Gaurav, who would then take a detour and drop Shiv and Diksh off at their destination.

Shiv kept apologizing constantly, and Diksh was worried about my safety. I responded by flipping them off and stating that I would introduce myself to the public at some point. Then, they will have to deal with the attention they receive from the media.

They were stunned. I expected them to say no, but they were ecstatic, and then they started pestering me about when I was going to announce myself to the public.
I didn't expect them to respond so enthusiastically. They even said Mom and Dad are waiting for the day I stake my claim. Okay?

We reached the venue. It was one of the Oberoi family's personal Ball houses they used for family occasions. I was reminded of the day when we were engaged inside this very Ball house and on this very date. It's repulsing.

I took a deep breath and stepped out, into the sea of paparazzi.                                                                   A lone fish in the sea of sharks.

______

A/N: (I just can't stop writing! My mom's so killing me tonight.)