Anywhere But Here Is Fine

[Edited]

Today is my engagement ceremony and we're celebrating it in one of Raj's many hotels.
Shiv and Samaira were working on my face like a canvas. I was too tired to move. They were giggling and talking quietly. I wonder if they made a clone of me.

"Abhi won't be able to keep his hands off you tonight." Samaira giggled like a kid.
"Ohoho, I might get a niece or nephew before the wedding." Shiv comment.
I wish I could roll my eyes at their antics.
But yeah, the wedding is more than nine months away, the priest said there is no good date before October, it'll bring bad luck, and my father dearest was too happy with the news, much to my father-in-law's displeasure. Something tells me they'll get along well.

"You hubby will kill my brother if he gets Mimi pregnant," Sam said as she put something wet on my lips, which you can guess is lipgloss.

After painting my face and tugging on my hair for almost two hours, they were finally done.
"Can I look at myself now?" I was dead tired, but I wanted to see what they did with my face.

"Holy shit," I exclaimed.
I looked like a princess and it's not even my wedding.
"You'll look like a goddess at your wedding don't worry." Shiv giggled.
I twirled around in my blueberry colour lehenga. My hair was on the shorter side as I cut it down quite a bit two weeks ago, but the extensions did a great job giving my curly hair that extra bounce.
I am so in love with this look.

Abhiraj's POV

I was in my designated room in my hotel room, putting on my tie when Dixit came into my room.
With his intimidating looks, I thought he was my age or older, but surprisingly he's only twenty-four. I was so surprised.
And Shiv is twenty-seven. But it doesn't matter. What matters is that they love each other.

"I'm giving my other half to you. Be careful, I have my eyes on you." He glared at me and I gulped. This guy is scary as hell. All my life I have been so used to intimidating people, that I forgot what it feels like to be intimated.
And I messed up tying my tie.
Dixit approached me and fixed my tie. The dude's tall.
"Thank you, and don't worry, I love your sister too much to hurt her, I'd rather hurt myself," I said albeit dramatically. Gosh, I'm a different person around this family.
"That's toxic, no need to go that far." He rolled his eyes.
"Now, I came to escort you. A lot of people are here, hoping to catch a glimpse of The Abhiraj Rajvansh." He was being sarcastic.
"I told Mom and Aunty not to invite too many people but then Dad had to jump in." I groaned.
"You're family loves my sister. I'm glad" Dixit said with a smile.
"Well, let's go, you must be dying to be by Shiv's side." I nudged him and he blushed. Awe, how cute.

I came downstairs to the reception hall first. My brother, Virat was playing the anchor and was entertaining the audience. He's always wanted to be a stand-up comedian. But he changed after he saw how people played favourites after realising he's from the Rajvansh family. My heart breaks for the lad, he's only nineteen, and he doesn't deserve such sadness. He should be living his life.

Virat noticed me and he looked at the other side of the stage and then suggestively smiled at me. Then he announced my arrival and I got on the stage.
And then he announced Myra's arrival and my breath hitched. She looked stunning in that Blue lehenga and caked face. Okay, that was rude, but I wish I could whisk her away from the venue and somewhere secluded, there're too many guys here ogling at her.
I somehow controlled my possessive side and regained my composure.
Today she's not escaping my grasp.

Myra's POV

The engagement ceremony went by smoothly.
Currently, we are bidding the guests goodbye. It was late at night and except for a few intimate friends and relatives of our families others had left.
I made my way to the snack bar, coz I was hungry duh. I mean, I ate, but I'm hungry again.

I was merrily munching on a macaroon and was about to grab a gulab jamun when someone grabbed me by my waist and pinned me on the wall beside it.
"Raj! What are you doing?" I panicked.
" Ugh, right now even your voice sounds seductive." He said and I blushed.
"Are you drunk or something?" I whisper-yelled. Our family and guests were a few meters away from us. One turn and they'll catch us.
"No, but I'm having a hard time controlling myself." He huffed as he put his head in the crook of my neck.
"This jewellery is annoying." He huffed and I stiffled a laughed.
"You're so drunk." I joked coz no alcoholic beverages were served tonight.
"Yeah, I'm drunk," he leaned closer to my face, "on you." I almost closed my eyes when a cough broke my trance and I pushed him away.
"What the hell Saf!" Raj yelled at her.
"Pfft! Desperate much?" Safiya teased. I was blushing so hard, oh god, let the earth swallow ne whole.
"Ugh! Why are you here, didn't you leave like, three seconds ago?"
"Oh, I came back for my purse. But I found something spicier." She said.
"Saf, please," I whined, I hid my face in Raj's chest, too embarrassed to face her.
"Awe, look you made your fiance shy." Saf teased me.
"Let's get out of here," Raj whispered in my ear and I nodded.
Anywhere but here is fine now.