Chapter 6- Darkness

Raul's POV

"So basically your family wants me to be a trophy wife ?" she said.

"There's not a major age gap between us Elle" I replied. I thought trophy wives were married to old rich men, how dare she say that.

" How old are you ?" she asked.

" Twenty-nine years old" I replied.

The door to Jayleigh's office opened.

" Elle I'll be in contact with you about modelling positions, I fired all the models and I'll need replacements. Unfortunately, I don't have female friends but I'm sure you do and ya'll need to leave my office now, it's late", Jayleigh informed.

I stood up and extended my hand for Elle to help her up. She hesitantly took my hand. I could tell that a lot of roadblocks were ahead. Elle is an independent, strong-willed, clever female who liked control but I was taught to bring every woman to her knees, to mould her to fit my needs and to punish her if she disobeys. We exited Jayleigh's office. This floor seemed vacant and gloomy. Elle tightened her grip on my hand as we carefully stalked the hall toward the elevator. A shriek of terror echoed through the halls, startling Elle. She wrapped her arms around me.

"You took my guns so you better know how you plan to fucking protect me, what the fuck was that ?" she whispered. Another sound followed the shrieks of terror. Loud continuous bangs. I cautiously walked toward the sounds, with each bang my adrenaline intensified.

"Mi a stay right yah so, someone has to live to tell the tale" Elle whispered. Wise women are phenomenal.

It's similar to the sound you'd hear inside a butchery. The loud bangs stopped but were replaced with whimpers.

Memories of Rocco and the younger me travelling all over Europe, hunting flooded my memory . Darkness settled within me when I was reminded of the harsh things he would say and do when we were hunting. If I ever have a son, he will not experience being left alone in a forest with wild animals for twelve hours with no food and no water. I remember being stung by a venomous snake with no one to help me. I was right next to the door where the sounds were coming from.

Anger erupted inside me. My gun was ready to kill anything that was frightening Elle.

"I know those heavy footsteps anywhere, Raul what the fuck are you doing here at this time of night ?" a silvery voice soddened with an accent from Britain asked.

I stood in the door frame taking in the horrific scene before me. I've killed and tortured before but damn I don't let them suffer for a long period of time.Plastic drenched in blood covered the carpeted floor. A dark panic-stricken man with penetrative cuts bleeding profusely sat in an office chair bound by the hands and legs shaking uncontrollably. His eyes were closed and tears flowed from them.

She stood with a gleaming smile with a bloodied axe in her hand, her oversized black t-shirt with an image of superman and her black basketball shorts were quite the contrary. They were surprisingly clean. Her locs cascaded from her crown down her petite frame ending at her hips.

She wore her signature bucket hat and socks but her black socks were drenched in blood.

Keira. Crazy K.

She dropped the axe and leapt in excitement. She ran and pranced on me. I embraced her. I had to or I'd join the poor fellow in the chair.

"I can't believe you're here, Luminosa am I hallucinating? because I've been off my meds for some time now" she questioned, turning her attention to the left corner of the room.

"Pensé que te dije que dejaras de llamarme por ese nombre ?" another female I was unfamiliar with said. She hopped off the file cabinet where she was seated pointing her index finger at Keira.