Chapter 7- Desiderata

𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔞 (𝔭𝔩𝔲𝔯𝔞𝔩 𝔫𝔬𝔲𝔫)

𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔫𝔢𝔢𝔡𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡.

𝔈𝔩𝔩𝔢'𝔰 𝔓𝔒𝔙

"Elle, wake up! Yuh have visitors !" a familiar female voice said, shaking the life out of me.

She slapped me.

" Maaaaaa, let me sleeeppp"

" I'm giving you five seconds to get up Elle Paris Smith"
I leapt up.  I got up a little too fast because I felt dizzy and the room was dark.

" mi get up, jeez ma"

" Bathe and come talk with your boss, him a talk a bagga shit whe nahh add up " she said leaving the room.

I quickly showered, threw some cornrows in my hair and wore a headband wig. My head still hurt from whatever that flirty doctor did to my head but beauty is pain. I threw on the first things I could find. A mini jeans skirt and a plain black crop top. I made sure all my undergarments were in perfect condition, in case I fainted.
My room was a mess but I'll clean it tomorrow.

I opened my room door and was met with a displeased set of eyes.

" We need to have a talk about that whore you're messing with next door as well as you're engaged to the criminal? Is that why you've been acting strange Elle ?" she whispered. 

What the fuck ??

" Mi engaged to who ???"

"Babygirl come downstairs" my father called out to my mother. A puzzled expression was plastered on her face. She held my hand, leading me downstairs. We descended slowly, petrified and clueless to what was next. The atmosphere of my family's home wasn't the cheery peaceful atmosphere it was most of the time. Right now it felt like a dark cloud was positioned right above our roof.

When we were at the last step my mother squeezed my hand for reassurance. When we entered the living room my father stood before Raul his seething resentment crystal clear through the veins popping in his neck. There must be a reason why my father hasn't shot Raul at least six times. I ran between them, realizing that Raul's men had guns pointed at my dad.

" I know damn fucking well you didn't come to my house pointing guns at my family, who the fuck do you think you are?!" I really wanted to kill him. This is too much.

" Desperate times, desperate measures darling. When were you going to tell them about our engagement babygirl?" he asked.

" I - he placed his index finger on my lip.

"Shhh- baby, listen" he said inching closer to me. I was staring at his ice-cold orbs, he reeked of rum.

" Your next response is literally life and death for a few people including your whore of a  neighbour so think hard with that beautiful mind and give me a wise answer from that pretty pouty mouth, " he whispered, his thumb settling briefly on my bottom lip.

He was threatening to hurt my family ! Insensitive bitch. I couldn't even stand the thought of them being hurt. Tears welled in my eyes so I took a few deep breaths. Raul spun me, to face my mom and dad. I smiled.

" I'm going to marry him, Mommy and Daddy that's the reason I've been acting strange for the past few days, I was going to tell you this morning but I'm sorry this is the way you found out, I leave for Italy -