Chapter 13- Aggression

Rico's POV

I'm not one to feel or care but seeing Elle's moribund body on the cold hard floor broke my heart of stone and what angered me was the monster beside her staring at her as if he had lost his mind when he was the reason she was in this position.

"Tie her body up and get Elle to the fucking hospital now !" I gestured to Melania's corpse or at least that is what I had hoped. The team rushed in and carefully removed her from the floor and rushed her out while checking her vitals. Raul still stood there staring at her blood on the floor.

"EVERYBODY OUT !"

Everyone scurried out of the coke house and I was left alone with a mess of an older brother who in this moment I despised. But family is family.

"Elle's pregnant, Elle's dead, Reign, Rosabelle. Elle's dead. How could I let this happen? How the fuck could I let this happen ?" he was babbling, clinging to the strands of his scalp. I knelt before him and put my palms on his face.

"Brother, get your fucking shit together the family needs you, Elle is not dead" instantly he stopped panicking. This reminded me of when we were boys and Raul would have mental breakdowns or episodes where he would lash out when he was off his meds and I seemed to be the only one who cared enough to try to calm him down and push the pills down his throat.

"Now who is Reign and where is Rosa ?"

"My son"

"Fratello, you really know how to pick 'em, you had a baby with the demon ? She'd better be dead because I don't give a shit about the rules of the family I am putting a bullet through her head"

"Rosa is at her mansion, its near to Barnelli's country house"

"Barnelli's been dead a few weeks which means either Melania was the head of this operation or someone else is the boss and I'm guessing it's the latter because she's driven by emotion and not logic and that's why you had to fuck her up. Whoever set this up knew that"

"Whoever set this up is a lab rat, Melania managed to drug us both and I know she's malato di testa"
he added.

" I knew that would calm you down, you've always liked puzzles, now we need to check on Elle"

I gave him a slight squeeze of reassurance.

7 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

After we visited Elle in the family hospital, the sickening sight of Elle's half-dead body was etched into Raul's memory. That day I witnessed a lone tear escaping his eye and he has gone MIA ever since.
He hasn't been answering any calls nor can he be tracked. Everyone else in the family is going batshit crazy because  𝘕𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰 𝘙𝘦 is missing which is funny because if anyone knows Raul the way I do this is one of Raul's infamous killing sprees. Every hand involved in Elle's downfall will be dead if they aren't already dead. But of course, I'm the black sheep and an enemy to all so my knowledge means nought. I'm here to ensure that Elle is safe and recovers well.

I sat in my old atelier, my mind soaked by a deep nostalgia for all the moments I spent with Elle. I was not too fond of the family house it brought back many horrible memories but this room was always my escape. I didn't even bother looking through my old paintings or sketches they were all inspired by pain, lust or vengeance so I decided to create new art instead of sitting in a comical meeting listening to Vivian's nonsense. I rolled up my sleeves and with the feel of the brush in my hand, I was dazed.

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘦. 𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘦, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘶𝘳𝘢, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘰...