Power

𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

On our way to Raul's room, I texted Matteo asking him to slip a few drops of formula into Raul's drink to ensure he was not operating under any influence.

He was restless but tired. He needed a break from all the emotions coursing through him at this very moment. It was as if he was high off fight or flight. I watched as he gazed through the glass at the garden below.

" Why don't you shower while we wait for your food ?"

" Yeah ok"

I watched as he lazily grabbed clothes from his walk-in closet and dragged his feet to the bathroom. I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding. How was I going to get him back on his feet when Elle was still unresponsive and his ex was in our dungeon?

Lying to my brother has never yielded good results no matter who you were to him. That's probably why he loved Elle, she was plain and honest.

𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙩.

I heard the shower turn on. My phone rang distracting me from my thoughts. It was Matteo.

" Which one is it Rachele ?"

" The one with Phenobarbital"

With that, he hung up. I knew Matteo hated the idea of drugging Raul but it was for the best. He needed some rest and I needed time to figure things out. I paced around the room to find a quick fix to Elle's situation. The water was off. I quickly sat on his bed and gathered my thoughts. Just then there was a knock on the door. I sprinted to answer it.

" I hope you know what you're doing" Matteo said shoving the platter into my hands.

" Awee you brought me wine, you know me so well. Grazie Matteo"

He rolled his eyes.

" Who was that ?" Raul asked.

" It was just Matteo carrying your food, you eat while I patch you up sì ?"

We didn't talk much, right now it felt as though we were familiar strangers. After a few minutes, Raul was knocked out cold. I rushed to the family hospital with a bright risky idea to wake Elle up. I stormed into Elle's room like a mad woman. The doctors were doing their routine vital checks.

" Ambien !"

They all stared at me confused and scared.

" Ambien !? Zolpidem"

" Oh, the awakening drug ?"

" Sì"

" But that's risky Ms.Romano, remember that zolipidem is a sedative and it could be dangerous for the baby. Add that to the possibility that she might collapse once it is out of her system"

" I understand the risk and I'll take full responsibility for whatever happens next but you have to try to wake this woman up it's urgent"

" It may even cause problems with her memories  and -"

" I GET IT! NOW DO AS YOU ARE TOLD !"